Hey, you need a renderfarm? If that's the case, make sure you check this topic for more info! 

Pevetz

Rigging wheel tire - inwards?

Pevetz    1

Hi guys,

I'm stuck with a rigging a car tire.

It should work like this:

OFF.thumb.gif.27bed3103b02c5af5440abdffc99a996.gif

I don't know how to approach this.
That kind of rigging is needed for a Unity game.
 I asked on their forum, is there any way to script this, but they said that the easiest way would be "Rigging and Skinning".

Also, they said something about "Blendshapes" but I have no knowledge about this.

Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Cerbera    1,976

I can tell you how to sort it out in Cinema, but no idea how you'd get it out to Unity !

Blendshapes is what we would deal with using PoseMorph, and if the tyre model is much more than a primitive then you would probably need that to record point level changes to the mesh and have slider control between tyre states. Posemorph does this. Or, if it is just a primitive, then you can control its parameters via a simple Xpresso setup where you'd connect the inner radius (for example) of a tube to a user data slider you could place in the viewport, probialy via a range mapper.

So that's maybe half the answer, but you'll be needing someone with Unity experience to tell you the rest...

CBR

• Like 1

Pevetz    1
  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I can tell you how to sort it out in Cinema, but no idea how you'd get it out to Unity !

Blendshapes is what we would deal with using PoseMorph, and if the tyre model is much more than a primitive then you would probably need that to record point level changes to the mesh and have slider control between tyre states. Posemorph does this. Or, if it is just a primitive, then you can control its parameters via a simple Xpresso setup where you'd connect the inner radius (for example) of a tube to a user data slider you could place in the viewport, probialy via a range mapper.

So that's maybe half the answer, but you'll be needing someone with Unity experience to tell you the rest...

CBR

Hi there,

I managed to it by using PoseMorph, exported as .fbx to Unity and works great.

Thank you!

• Namaste 1