3D-Pangel

The sad state of e-on:Where is Forester2

3D-Pangel    225
  • Topic Author
  • A quick scene in Forestor ---  so nice to use!!!

Capture.thumb.JPG.0bc040c3050659d2f8fc8fd42207c2e1.JPG

As I was making it, I was wondering if 3D Quakers would be creating a new version of trees to use on their landscapes....You don't want to create a full tree as that could become too polygon intensive.  Rather, what you want is some variant of multi-floral plant that looks like a full tree from a great distance and can then be painted onto their landscapes but is in actuality a miniature tree with a much lower polygon count than a standard tree.

Just a thought.

Dave

Visionnext    74

I'm a World Machine/Geoglyph user for landscapes. I use Xfrog, Laubwerk and Surfacespread for plants and Real Displacement Textures for texturing the landscape. I also own Vue 2012 (stand alone) and Carbon Scatter for R15.

It's a bit annoying that a new software comes up in a hype and the support gets weaker and weaker in time. I don't want to switch horses all the time.

World Machine development is slowly continuing, but still there. Laubwerk still provides updates, but the hype seems to be gone as well. I already abandoned Vue and Carbon Scatter.

The news regarding Forrester are interesting and I will certainly follow the development. I hope the marketing will keep their promises and Forrester will have a stable future. So please don't be another vendor that disappoints me :)

Roger    0

Looks brilliant, and seems to render more quickly too from other comments. Hope it is compatible with R14 ?