wserlopz

Camera Viewport 2D Pan / Zoom

wserlopz    0

Hello,

I'm trying to model an environment for a drone shot that has been 3d tracked. RIght now I have a 3d camera and some locators to help position things inside C4D and also I have a background object with the drone shot sequence playing in the background of the viewport as I scrub in the timeline, everything aligns properly. My issue is that since is an aerial shot, things look small and I need a way to be able to zoom and pan in the viewport without affecting the camera so I know what I'm doing. To be more clear, imagine that you take a screenshot of the camera viewport and then you use that screenshot in Photoshop to zoom in, pan or zoom out. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for reading.

crybaby    1

Hey there,

Film Move, Film Magnify & Film Zoom does what you want but I find these tools confusing sometimes.

I'll make up a simple rig in xpresso that does what you need and post it shortly.

I'll probably make use of it myself one day.

/R

crybaby    1

Here's a simple rig that does what you need.

Click open the xPresso tag and there is a node that has some instructions on what to do.

Rock on.

/R

Camera_Buddy.c4d.zip

• Like 1

wserlopz    0
  • Topic Author
  • So nice of you, really appreciate. It works how it should, do you know if I have to do something in order to get the background to move with the canvas?

Cheers

ABMotion    238
    14 minutes ago, wserlopz said:

do you know if I have to do something in order to get the background to move with the canvas

This seems like a strange question based on the fact you are using tracked footage, so I would assume you wouldn't want it to move. If you actually do, if you've used a Background Object, that remains static, so if you want it to respect the Camera, you'll need to use a Plane instead as a background and make it large.

wserlopz    0
  • Topic Author
  • The reason why I need the background to move with the canvas is because that is the reference I need to see to model the environment, if I 2D pan-zoom it should follow the 3D model. I think this is how it works by default in Max and Maya.

I'll try using a Plane, thanks.

crybaby    1

A plane thats the aspect ratio of your footage as a child of the tracked camera but not the zoom camera would do what you want I think. 

wserlopz    0
  • Topic Author
  • Apologies for the late reply, got jammed.

Thank you for the tip, will try next time.