Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Sign in to follow this  
jed

C4D plays the sax

This was just a Python exercise, but it might amuse someone. Basically, it's a hidden sphere bouncing around inside a circle and triggering notes. The notes and timing are random, so if you watch it long enough, it should play Coltrane's Giant Steps a la monkeys and typewriters. Possibly . . .

Awesome, I fully appreciated this, and not just 'cos your voice reminds me of Lemmy out of Motorhead :)

And go Cubase ! ProTools can get in the sea when that's around ;)

CBR

• Topic Author
  • @Cerbera One thing that helped that little project was using Audacity (free audio editor). I clicked some notes in Cubase for the scale and exported it as one wav. Instead of then cutting the file to make all the separate wavs, Audacity has an intelligent 'sound finder' that marks out the sound and silence. Then you do 'export multiple' which cuts each part and labels it - see screenshot. The sax is a VST called DVS Saxophone.

audacity.thumb.jpg.9e9cee5670b9d5b3695586f8eee4e715.jpg

28 minutes ago, jed said:

The sax is a VST called DVS Saxophone.

Goddammit man I thought you played it ! I would have been sooo impressed :) But it's a great thing anyway, and that's a pretty decent virtual sax !

I like Audacity; I used to use it live when my function rig went 100% Virtual instruments for a while, and that function is particularly helpful ! 

CBR

• Topic Author
  • I see my sax thing had a couple of 'likes', so here's the file if you want to have a look. The sax samples should be embedded. I know that other people's code is a hassle, but I've commented it. There's often a little code snippet you can pinch - it's how I learn Python.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmrdr2j13jqnu03/saxthing.zip?dl=1

@Cerbera I only have the cut down Cubase Elements, but for £75 it's an amazing bit of tech. Thrown in a cheap usb keyboard, a low latency sound card and say Addictive Keys and you've got a 50 grand Steinway in your council flat.

28 minutes ago, jed said:

@Cerbera I only have the cut down Cubase Elements, but for £75 it's an amazing bit of tech. Thrown in a cheap usb keyboard, a low latency sound card and say Addictive Keys and you've got a 50 grand Steinway in your council flat.

Nothing beats Truepianos for me - something about the unlimited polyphony and never-ending  sustain :)

CBR