Achieving this broken ground result

Is it literally that size patch you need?  If so, have you tried sculpting it a bit?  Try converting your displacement into editable geo, then sculpting the "curling" or whatever you want to call it in each cracked piece.  This is the main thing you're missing right now.  You could also just try painting gradients onto your displacement texture in Photoshop, but that would be a bit more guess and check.
Voronoi Fracture would probably be really helpful right now, but I see you're on R16.  :(

16 minutes ago, natevplas said:

Is it literally that size patch you need?  If so, have you tried sculpting it a bit?  Try converting your displacement into editable geo, then sculpting the "curling" or whatever you want to call it in each cracked piece.  This is the main thing you're missing right now.  You could also just try painting gradients onto your displacement texture in Photoshop, but that would be a bit more guess and check.
Voronoi Fracture would probably be really helpful right now, but I see you're on R16.  :(

Im on r18. I will try the Voronoi Fracture...

About the converting.. how would I do that?

Nice setup, @borg!  Yeah, if you need it to animate, then this would be a great way to go.  I couldn't help but try to get those edges to curl.  I managed to get a pretty decent result using a combination of a Cloner and the Collision deformer.  Still needs some work, but maybe you can play with it and get what you want.  I planned to use the Pose Morph tag based on the what the Collision deformer is doing, then turn the Collision off.  That should speed things up in the viewport a lot.  Ran out of time to get that working, though. 

See the attached project file:

brokenfloor v2.c4d