Hi)

I found a nasty bug in R18 (Win10 BOOTCAMP). The bug is that the viewport does not work with tessellation. On MacOS all works fine.

The bug is not critical but very strange.

See the images below. 

my lowly system: MacMini + BOOTCAMP and the latest GPU drivers for Win

this picture from Win10

5a986833a6805_OpenGLCapabilities2018-03-0122_58_10.thumb.png.1477cc377de50203b99acfda1957a6d6.png

And this picture from MacOS

5a98689437b79_OpenGLCapabilities2018-03-0200-55-19.thumb.jpg.a029ffe4131aaeae45a0d0ddf2bc3988.jpg

What are your versions?

Thank you in advance.

• Topic Author
  • 10 hours ago, digitvisions said:

Hi, your displacement height is 25 in one and 54 in the other could that be the reason?

No, I tried different values of +/- 100. I think that the drivers of the BOOTCAMP are to blame.

Out of curiosity, I tested this function on the demo CINEMA 4D R19 - the result is the same.

Install the Mac version on your Mac from the install discs you got from MAXON instead of running a Windows emulation program. The serial number you got with your purchase is valid for PC and Mac.

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, ABMotion said:

Install the Mac version on your Mac from the install discs you got from MAXON instead of running a Windows emulation program. The serial number you got with your purchase is valid for PC and Mac.

Oh))) it's not so simple))) For full use of C4D for Mac, I need a faster and stronger Mac ))))

Everything was fine until Mac MacOS HighSierra came out, after that my MacMini started to work very very slooowly. So I had to create a BootCamp partition and install Win 10 there. Now everything works much faster.

in C4D + illustrator I design user interfaces.

I used only the illustrator until I found C4D and Mograph. And now my work is accelerating by 1000%, and a lot of free time has appeared to study the functions of C4D))

During the study of C4D I caught this bug)

So, if I can not solve this problem, I just use the displacement modifier.