Sign in to follow this  
thanulee

Animation doesnt update in viewports

Hi guys, i encountered this weird problem today. I was animating any object, and while in fcurves my keys were there, in viewport nothing was updating
Also, in coordinate, the dots were red when were keyframes, but the values didnt update. This all happened after i gave scene to a guy and he returned it to me, so i guess he probably pressed a wrong hotkey of some short and disabled the updates. But i cant find what that is.
Anyone enountered same issue? thanks

I ll strip scene tomorrow and upload it if anyone willing to take a look

I have absolutely no idea what has gone wrong in that scene file, but I concur that it is well and truly broken. Keyframes just don't work in that scene, not the ones that are there, or any new ones I create.

However, I was able to delete existing animation tracks, copy out objects into a new scene, and then I was able to animate things fine again, so looks like that may be your only option...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thanks. Yea thats exactly what i did.
    I think this aint a bug though. Something is pressed somewhere. We are all new in c4d so we press wrong shortcuts all the time. So far havent seen anything broken in c4d, is always something that i miss :)

5 minutes ago, thanulee said:

We are all new in c4d so we press wrong shortcuts all the time. So far havent seen anything broken in c4d, is always something that i miss :)

Not all of us are new to this ;) And there definitely are some things broken / some bugs remaining in R18 ! And it is the case that sometimes scenes 'go weird' in every version of the software right back to R10 ! The more experienced of us get good at spotting these oddities, and just doing a new scene when it happens, which almost always solves things. I don't think we will ever know what caused this particular problem this particular time unless you can send the scene file directly to MAXON who may be able to explain.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Yea thats what i ll do in this case, if noone else can spot something here. I still suspect if this was a bug, others would ve had it over the years.
    Googling it didnt find any other case like this which makes me think, this is something here. I ll check with MAXON i guess.
    Thanks for ur time :)

Scene isn´t broken at all. Maybe some kind of isuue when animation created.

Solve it with soloing animation and unsolo...

animation_issue.thumb.png.eb4848278c9aeaef319785af6f3fbb62.png

- select your animated object

- open timeline and select all parameters of animated object

- in AM turn on and turn off option Solo Animation parameter

Now your animation is restored

• Like 1