DBVFX

C4D R20 - what do you guys expect?

Hey guys, what do you expect will be coming to C4D with R20? Really curious to see some predictions/wish lists lol!

Nobody who knows can tell you :)

But if I had to guess, and that's all it would be, I would say: New core integrated, ProRender improvements, Nodal material system, bodypaint / UV improvements. But I'll happy if they just make OpenSubdiv work properly !

CBR

• Like 3

Ok, I'll pin this topic so that discussion can start on R20. Please be polite and make sure its civil, otherwise we are going to lock this topic. :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

My predictions:

-New Xpresso replacement. 

-Nodal materials. 

-Pro render updates.

-Voronoi fracture updates.

-Motion tracker improvements.

-Some new material effects.

-A new modeling tool, or updating an already existing one.

• Like 1

More game engine interaction.  Better default fbx workflow. 

Any VR tools that integrate with Oculus Rif?

I'm still on R17 anyway, but have the character generation tools improved in R19? Feel like weight mapping is a bit behind in my version?

• Like 1

At least for now we have a few official clues about things that are going to change.

https://www.MAXON.net/en-us/news/MAXON-blog/article/modernizing-and-moving-forward/

For the new stuff i believe that proRender will get a deeper integration within all shaders (hair, mograph, etc).

The system inner core from single to multi thread in some of the C4d modules (i don't believe that the entire software will be multi-threaded in this release but at least several of it's modules).

More viewport enhancements since this is something that they are working since R17.

I know that MAXON is trying to get a share from the Character animation market (since xsi died), and so i believe they will continue to develop tools like the new weight manager, skin tools, etc. 

Vr stuff because now is trendy :)

And i would like to see integrated some plugins that wil never be updated again like Cactus Dan plugins and Navie. That would be awesome for the c4d community.

17 minutes ago, DBVFX said:

Holy moly! I was just about to say "Wild speculation I know, but I kind of hope MAXON acquires something like NAVIÉ Effex and has it for R20" - I start googling though and find NAVIÉ Effex IS NOW FREE??? This is crazy if true https://www.toolfarm.com/blog/entry/freebie_cinema_4d_navie_effex_is_now_free

I don't think it has anything to do with MAXON, in an older thread here someone mentioned that he has health issues so he stopped the development, then he published the free copy.

• Topic Author
  • 13 minutes ago, maliohammad said:

I don't think it has anything to do with MAXON, in an older thread here someone mentioned that he has health issues so he stopped the development, then he published the free copy.

Yea I heard that as well, is such great work! I hope he's ok, made me think that he might sell it to MAXON if he couldn't keep working on it. Just trying to get it to work now on R19, just got it working with the additional, .tbb that the guys mentioned here;

Off topic I know lol! Was literally one of the things I thought in a wild way might end up on R20 though, just amazing is now free.

12 minutes ago, DBVFX said:

Yea I heard that as well, is such great work! I hope he's ok, made me think that he might sell it to MAXON if he couldn't keep working on it. Just trying to get it to work now on R19, just got it working with the additional, .tbb that the guys mentioned here;

Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing to have this plugin as part of C4d, but I highly doubt it (at least in the mean time) as the plugin is on the harder to use side of things, which is the opposite of c4d. It is sad to see the end of this plugin, as it offered some really stunning results (I spent so much time admiring the amazing work people used it for)

Btw, it is only for windows(which is still better than nothing!), there is no free mac version. 

• Topic Author
  • Just now, maliohammad said:

Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing to have this plugin as part of C4d, but I highly doubt it (at least in the mean time) as the plugin is on the harder to use side of things, which is the opposite of c4d. It is sad to see the end of this plugin, as it offered some really stunning results (I spent so much time admiring the amazing work people used it for)

Btw, it is only for windows(which is still better than nothing!), there is no free mac version. 

Is such a great gift to the community! Am so looking forward to learning it, is so kind and humble of Samir to do this. I've got a few other predictions/things to hope for in R20, but will wait to see what everyone else says lol!!

11 minutes ago, DBVFX said:

Is such a great gift to the community! Am so looking forward to learning it, is so kind and humble of Samir to do this. I've got a few other predictions/things to hope for in R20, but will wait to see what everyone else says lol!!

Yeah, Samir is such a nice guy, and I hope he gets better.