Cinema 4D Plugins

esegabbo

Render-safe in Front View & Material Dif

esegabbo    2

Hi everybody, have two questions.

1) Quick question, my render safe. title safe and action safe are greyed out in my front  viewport configuration. How do I activate them?

2) I have some objects with reflectance and an HDRI sky, when I render in front view the objects do not reflect or shine light, rather are flat and dull. But when I render the same scene  in perspective view I can see the reflections of the sky. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by Cerbera
No all caps in titles please.

DeCarlo    67

Front, Side, Top, etc. views are orthographic and are designed to help you edit your scene, not for rendering. Things like "Title safe" and "sky" are designed for perspective projection.  I'm not sure what to tell you if you are trying to render orthographic projections; there might be options, but the software is designed for rendering from the perspective of a virtual camera.

esegabbo    2
  • Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, DeCarlo said:

Front, Side, Top, etc. views are orthographic and are designed to help you edit your scene, not for rendering. Things like "Title safe" and "sky" are designed for perspective projection.  I'm not sure what to tell you if you are trying to render orthographic projections; there might be options, but the software is designed for rendering from the perspective of a virtual camera.

Hi thanks for your answer, maybe I didn´t explain myself with sufficient detail.  1) For my purposes I render with the frontal camera. I use the the render safe, title safe etc. as a guide that must coincide with an image (semi transparent) I place in the back. I used to have the render safe area darker, as well as the title safe visible in the front view (not only on the perspective view), bit now they are greyed out. 

Thanks!

jed    305

re: front view render - have you tried a regular camera on the Z axis set to parallel? You get an ortho view and the safe rectangles seem to be visible 'through the lens'.

• Like 1

esegabbo    2
  • Topic Author
  • This worked! Great thanks a lot Jed !

=)

Cerbera    1,927

Yep, don't render through the orthographic views ;) Render safe etc can't be turned on for those.

CBR

• Like 1

esegabbo    2
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks jed, cerbera and decarlo ! And no, I was not rendering using orthographic... just learned a new word/concept  ; )

best!