Hi Everyone,

I am using R17 and i have the object attached below.

I would like for it to now be made into an annular spherical object with the content in between the layers and outside remaining the same (or slightly warped is fine)

Can you guide me as to how I can do this ?

Capture.PNG

I can't help until you do what I asked last time you posted and put the correct version information in your profile. If you put it there you won't have to mention it every time !

We'll also be needing to know exactly what this is made of before we can advise properly.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • It is made of spheres and  capsules.
    I just need the whole bilayer thing to form a complete annular sphere with the top and bottom layers being the outer and inner layers

1 hour ago, shantanu said:

It is made of spheres and  capsules.

Yes that's about the only detail of the scene I already knew ;) How are they propagated in the scene ? Cloner for example ? Cloned onto what ? How ? How do the spheres and capsules stay together ? Are they moving ? How are they moving ? What effectors do you have in the scene ? This is the sort of information we need !! Ideally of course you would just upload the scene file so we could see the setup ourselves !

Also you need to be aware of what shapes it is possible to wrap into a sphere, and the shape you have now is not one of them !

So in the absence of further information I think I would tackle this by making a sphere for each level / aspect of the layer and clone the stuff in that layer directly onto it in Surface area mode. That would give you 3 layers of stuff in a spherical shape. If they must remain connected at either end, then you are probably best off doing this with a single sphere and cloning the complete chain of things onto it, oriented or aim constrained to so they point away from the surface normal.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Here's the scene !

I attached it below. It is a wave animation through random effectors on position, rotation and y axis

I was thinking if there was a possible way to just bend the top and bottom layer as a whole and keep the capsules in between attached without redrawing or so 

Lipid Membrane.c4d

So, Shantanu, I had to look up "annular" and saw that it means "ring-shaped," so if you create a plane the size of your Top layer and subdivide it enough to accommodate all your spheres, then set you Cloner to Object Mode, then pull the Plane into that field, set Distribution to Polygon Center and deselect Align Clone (so your little capsules dangle down the way they are supposed to.) Then use the Wrap Deformer on the Plane.

I've set it up in your file for the Top Layer and all your animation and everything works perfectly. Just hit play and the Top Layer morphs into a half-circle. If that is not the correct shape you are looking for, you may be able to use this setup or something like it to get the shape you want.

best

Lipid Membrane_w-plane.c4d.zip

wrap-deformer.jpg