Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

PSR constraint need 'Priory' explaining?

Dear C4D-ers

I am working on a complex hand animation, where you pick one thing up then take the cap off. Put the cap on the table. etc etc. It is a long animation with a lot of hand interactions. I won't attempt to explain everything it is long.

I am using R17 at the moment, I am trying to use the PSR constraint tag, with 'maintain position' on to do this type of animation. However, I have bumped into this 'expression priory' problem. So there will be certain objects lagging behind where they are meant to be. 

I have seen on another thread that up-ing 'expression priority' settings can help and does with the first object. How are objects psr expressions numbered to get the best results? I don't fully understand the pattern of numbering? Or why a high number is better than a low number?

My other question is that our media dep might upgrade to R19. Have a lot of these problems been solved with R19?

I am new to this type of animation, so there is a degree of experience lacking I'm sure, but any advice would be appreciated? In particular will upgrading help or a longer but workable method with the R17?

Best regards

Jools

9 minutes ago, joolsd said:

I have seen on another thread that up-ing 'expression priority' settings can help and does with the first object. How are objects psr expressions numbered to get the best results? I don't fully understand the pattern of numbering? Or why a high number is better than a low number?

Have you read the bit in the manual that explains about priorities ? Search for 'priority'. I can't explain it better than that can !

And TBH you are asking too wide a question, because the right answer will be different for every scene you make.

11 minutes ago, joolsd said:

My other question is that our media dep might upgrade to R19. Have a lot of these problems been solved with R19?

No, these are not problems, and don't require solving ! Priorities remain as helpfully customisable as they are in your version !

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Have you read the bit in the manual that explains about priorities ? Search for 'priority'. I can't explain it better than that can !

And TBH you are asking too wide a question, because the right answer will be different for every scene you make.

No, these are not problems, and don't require solving ! Priorities remain as helpfully customisable as they are in your version !

CBR

Sorry yes, but it is not finding it. Document not found. 

If help isn't installed you should reinstall the software. Or look in the version at help.MAXON.net, although that is having certificate errors at the moment...

CBR