BIgor

I would like your opinion on this render

Hi :D Ok so I am making a personal project, it will be an animation with a little story in it. The animation is made out of 1200 frames and one frame will take about 40 minutes to render. This is one of those frames. It is rendered in Arnold and I used Forester for the trees. So what do you think, what would you do to make this look better... 

Fantasy_Hous_Arnold_With_People_3.png

• Like 1

I think that you could improve by working on the composition and lighting:

The character is the most interesting, yet it is hard to see his expression. I think that my eyes gravitated towards the contrast and the detail on the axe.

I think that you could achieve a lot more depth if you allowed light to penetrate deeper into the trees... And the trees on the left side are kind of out of focus? I don't know what it is, it is unpleasant to look at those :D

I highly recommend that you check out this youtube channel, blender guru. This guy does critiques of stuff people send him and it is a great way to learn. Furthermore, he has great videos on composition, colour etc...

btw I am no expert or an artist :D

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, partypooper said:

I think that you could improve by working on the composition and lighting:

The character is the most interesting, yet it is hard to see his expression. I think that my eyes gravitated towards the contrast and the detail on the axe.

I think that you could achieve a lot more depth if you allowed light to penetrate deeper into the trees... And the trees on the left side are kind of out of focus? I don't know what it is, it is unpleasant to look at those :D

I highly recommend that you check out this youtube channel, blender guru. This guy does critiques of stuff people send him and it is a great way to learn. Furthermore, he has great videos on composition, colour etc...

btw I am no expert or an artist :D

I hope this helps!

Of course all feedback is very welcome and it is the only way to learn and improve :D So THX :D 

Hi, i think the character face could benefit from more light and the white bright shoulder shield needs to be toned down.

However, as an animator my main concerns will be the 40 minutes per a frame render time. i would look into ways to reducing the render time. good luck.

40 minutes is a long time to render each image for an animation. Granted my stuff isn't the best out there, but I have a 5 minute max per image for most animation or the project becomes far to hard to work with. I use my laptop and team render for most projects now and that helps a lot. I agree the character is too shaded. A trick I do with character is make sure the eyes are slightly luminous, this way they command attention even in shaded situations and since I do a lot of other horror stuff, the characters are always in the dark it seems! The trees and grass are amazing looking BTW!

• Topic Author
  • Ok all great advice i will see what  can do to make it better, would anyone be willing to take a look at the project after I am done, before i start the final rendering, maybe someone can make the render time better...? 

• Topic Author
  • On 3/17/2018 at 3:57 PM, BIgor said:

Ok all great advice i will see what  can do to make it better, would anyone be willing to take a look at the project after I am done, before i start the final rendering, maybe someone can make the render time better...? 

I would like an opinion on the new grass compared with the old grass. Old grass is made with Hair and the new one is made with the forester plugin...
    P.S. the Hair grass can be seen in the previous post I made here... 

Forester__close_10_min.png