TheJimReaper

In Search of Models....

TheJimReaper    34

Hey Guys, 

I just found out today that I'm going to be a Grandad (God Help me!!!)

Sooooo,  I'm in search of some baby animal models, preferably free ones. So I can 3D print them and make a mobile for it's crib.

I have tried a google search but found very little suitable for what I wanted to do.

I have got a back up plan if nothing comes up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

VECTOR    508

What style of animals are we talking about Jim?  and congratulations!

TheJimReaper    34
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, VECTOR said:

What style of animals are we talking about Jim?  and congratulations!

Thanks, I'm really not looking forward to it!!  Sorry I meant to say I'm really looking forward to it :wackywink:.  I'm looking for cartoon style animals, similar to the pics below.  I did want 3D animals one as I thought they'd look better, but if I can't get them I thought I could use the images below and do them in a 2D style.

41 minutes ago, teknow said:

Here's a few I made for the purpose of being cute rather than photorealistic. Feel free to trash them!

Zebra 1.c4d.zip

Giraffe.c4d.zip

Pig No UV Editing.c4d.zip

And congratulations!

Thanks @teknow much appreciated, I'm sure they'll come in handy

Cheers

Jim

depositphotos_7892572-stock-illustration-cute-animal-collection.jpg

cartoon-baby-animals-clipart-18.jpg

bezo    475

Congratulation Jim,

...it looks like time for next challenge on c4dcafe :)

VECTOR    508
    27 minutes ago, TheJimReaper said:

Thanks, I'm really not looking forward to it!!  Sorry I meant to say I'm really looking forward to it :wackywink:.  I'm looking for cartoon style animals, similar to the pics below.  I did want 3D animals one as I thought they'd look better, but if I can't get them I thought I could use the images below and do them in a 2D style.

Thanks @teknow much appreciated, I'm sure they'll come in handy

Cheers

Jim

depositphotos_7892572-stock-illustration-cute-animal-collection.jpg

cartoon-baby-animals-clipart-18.jpg

i like the look of the top picture, these would look pretty awesome if they were 3d and modelled in a stuffed animal style like this, a mobile of teddy style 3d animals would be pretty dope

70532_XXX_v1.tif&wid=650&cvt=jpeg

TheJimReaper    34
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, VECTOR said:

i like the look of the top picture, these would look pretty awesome if they were 3d and modelled in a stuffed animal style like this, a mobile of teddy style 3d animals would be pretty dope

70532_XXX_v1.tif&wid=650&cvt=jpeg

Yeah that would be awesome.  I might just have to have a go at that.  That giraffe doesn't look toooooo hard!!  I'll have a look in the morning, see if I can create something.  I may have to fire some questions your way for some help, if that's ok?

VECTOR    508
    2 minutes ago, TheJimReaper said:

Yeah that would be awesome.  I might just have to have a go at that.  That giraffe doesn't look toooooo hard!!  I'll have a look in the morning, see if I can create something.  I may have to fire some questions your way for some help, if that's ok?

I've got a bit of free time so i could  design and knock one up for you if you like ?

TheJimReaper    34
  • Topic Author
  • Yes please. That would be awesome and very much appreciated.

I'm going to try and tackle that giraffe in the morning. The arms, legs and tail look pretty easy, it's the transition from the body to the head and the ears I'm not to sure of. I've got a few ideas on where to start.

VECTOR    508

id model the head and body all as one, with a seam all the way down the centre, and have the end mouth as a separate piece you can push in something like this 

https://gyazo.com/7c2a111a476c33c42efc8ef016161097 https://gyazo.com/a200dfbb1b25cbea8225162c0bb87371 

TheJimReaper    34
  • Topic Author
  • Yeah I was thinking something similar to that, but as 1 piece instead of having it separate.   I want to try and keep the models as one piece for when they get printed.

I found this little guy this morning, which printed as 1 piece and it turned out really well.  Think he'd fit in quite well, although at 15cm high he's a bit big to go on a mobile.

cac3f4b798c53d047949946b694bec88_preview_featured.JPG

VECTOR    508

Nice! you can do one piece but it will be harder to model the seams in around the mouth section  as you'll be going from a seam to smooth surface