rafidola

Bevel Problem

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, StCanas said:

Look very closely at that vertical. You have a very narrow extra face in there (you have to get in very close to see it). Melt that with the big face to its right, get rid of the two resultant points top and bottom, then add the top line (along the top of the big poly) to your selection. Just done that and it works perfectly.

Aye. I thought that there was an extra point only at the bottom. I didn't see that there was another one at the top. I removed the top point also and it's all good now. Thank you all for your help! I have another question. When I select the polygons, which have bevel applied to them, and put a texture the bevel doesn't get the texture. How do I make the bevel get textured as well? 

BevelQuestion4.jpg

BevelQuestion5.jpg

13 minutes ago, rafidola said:

How do I make the bevel get textured as well? 

Apply the bevel deformer with CStO and texture it then ! Or put it under a Connect and texture that instead...

Is there any reason you are not doing this with the normal bevel tool, in which case it wouldn't be a problem  ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 16 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Apply the bevel deformer with CStO and texture it then !

Is there any reason you are not doing this with the normal bevel tool, in which case it wouldn't be a problem  ?

CBR

I'm trying to make a 3D model for the plug-in Element 3D in After Effects and do an animation inside of After Effects. In order to apply textures to different parts of your model inside of Element 3D you have to export the model from cinema 4d with applied textures to these specific parts. If I use the normal bevel tool then I have to select individually every polygon so it's going to take a lot more time this way.
    What is CStO?

2 minutes ago, rafidola said:

What is CStO?

Current State to Object. Still don't understand why you are using a bevel deformer and not the bevel tool though ;) 

If you just followed conventional modelling workflow, and used that, there would be no texture problem to solve !

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Just now, Cerbera said:

Current State to Object. Still don't understand why you are using a bevel deformer and not the bevel tool though ;)

CBR

I updated the comment. I'm sorry I didn't answer your question the first time. I was trying to figure out what is CStO.

Yeah sorry - sometimes I forget which level people are at and under-explain...

All sorted now though ;)

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah sorry - sometimes I forget which level people are at and under-explain...

All sorted now though ;)

CBR

No problem. When I click CStO I get the exact same result as when I use the bevel tool. This is what I'm trying to avoid because then I have to use Loop Selection tool on every loop created from the subdivisions of the bevel. It's not a problem but I'm trying to figure out a way to have the bevel with the same texture as the side and top big polygons without having to spam loop selection. I didn't understand that "put it under a Connect" part, though :( , so I haven't tried it. 

8 minutes ago, rafidola said:

This is what I'm trying to avoid because then I have to use Loop Selection tool on every loop created from the subdivisions of the bevel

...or use phong break selection instead to get them all at the same time ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

...or use phong break selection instead to get them all at the same time ?

CBR

This is exactly what I needed! Also, thanks for the information of bug fixes for the 19.053 version from my last thread. I'm going to update soon.
    Damn. I don't know how to repay for all your help. You are pure gold for this forum.

• Namaste 1