Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ErickM

Sound issues in C4D R19

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

You certainly can. Or upload file directly here if it is small enough... when you post there is an option to attach stuff...

 

CBR

Alright, here's the link to DB:

 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/epfe00wtwx34vd9/AABBoYuRsaIB77qVxckl7Zbza?dl=0

 

Unfortunately, the file is larger than "allowed" size (~30mb)

Share this post


Link to post

You didn't tell me this was butt -wiggling :)

 

Ok, it does exactly the same for me as you are getting, regardless of the All frames setting, and I have a pretty decent PC. So it's not a performance thing.

I suggest you take this straight to MAXON and ask them, because at the moment, that's looking awfully like a bug !

 

CBR

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

You didn't tell me this was butt -wiggling :)

@Cerbera hahaha :D yaaaah, i've been working on this butt for a while :geek:

Wow! All jokes aside, I'm quite surprised you're getting the same issue as i am. Still sucks though.

I'm not running the latest R19 update, maybe that issue has been fixed already? Are you up to date with R19?

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ErickM said:

Are you up to date with R19?

 

As you can see from my profile, I am ;) And if you haven't updated, your profile is wrong isn't it ?! :/ I'm sure you'll be fixing that before I get my Admin boots on ;) But no, not fixed in .053, so worth letting them know about it so hopefully things improve in the next service pack...

 

CBR

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

As you can see from my profile, I am ;) And if you haven't updated, your profile is wrong isn't it ?! :/ I'm sure you'll be fixing that before I get my Admin boots on ;) But no, not fixed in .053, so worth letting them know about it so hopefully things improve in the next service pack...

 

CBR

@Cerbera, haha well you know how when the update window pops up, you have the option to download additional content? That's what i meant. So indeed i am using the latest R19 version and yes, i failed to look up your software version. In my defence, i was trying to use the microwave at the same time :*

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ErickM said:

@Cerbera, haha well you know how when the update window pops up, you have the option to download additional content? That's what i meant. So indeed i am using the latest R19 version and yes, i failed to look up your software version. In my defence, i was trying to use the microwave at the same time :*

Relax - only kidding my friend :) I am well aware of how difficult it is to type stuff and use the microwave.

 

Share this post


Link to post

@Cerbera the file plays OK on my pc when all frames is unchecked - which is what I expected. My reasoning is - the sound must have a constant playback speed to play smoothly. If the pc is struggling with the animation ie slowing down at 'hard' places, then the sound will stutter. If all frames is off, the pc will play at a constant speed (albeit skipping viewport frames as necessary).

 

BTW I'm not on a threadripper etc - my main workhorse is an old i7 2600K 8GB ram, running at 4.4GHz.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, jed said:

@Cerbera the file plays OK on my pc when all frames is unchecked - which is what I expected. My reasoning is - the sound must have a constant playback speed to play smoothly. If the pc is struggling with the animation ie slowing down at 'hard' places, then the sound will stutter. If all frames is off, the pc will play at a constant speed (albeit skipping viewport frames as necessary).

 

BTW I'm not on a threadripper etc - my main workhorse is an old i7 2600K 8GB ram, running at 4.4GHz.

@jed i unchecked it, and it seems to play fine! Coodos to you @jed Coodos!

 

On this note, being that all frames in unchecked, how does this impact the viewport? 

Does the viewport (when playing) still give an actual representation of every frame or not?

Share this post


Link to post

That's interesting - I also unchecked it, and it still jittered for me !

 

CBR

Share this post


Link to post

here's my test

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...