Sign in to follow this  
ErickM

Sound issues in C4D R19

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

You didn't tell me this was butt -wiggling :)

@Cerbera hahaha :D yaaaah, i've been working on this butt for a while :geek:

Wow! All jokes aside, I'm quite surprised you're getting the same issue as i am. Still sucks though.

I'm not running the latest R19 update, maybe that issue has been fixed already? Are you up to date with R19?

4 minutes ago, ErickM said:

Are you up to date with R19?

As you can see from my profile, I am ;) And if you haven't updated, your profile is wrong isn't it ?! :/ I'm sure you'll be fixing that before I get my Admin boots on ;) But no, not fixed in .053, so worth letting them know about it so hopefully things improve in the next service pack...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

As you can see from my profile, I am ;) And if you haven't updated, your profile is wrong isn't it ?! :/ I'm sure you'll be fixing that before I get my Admin boots on ;) But no, not fixed in .053, so worth letting them know about it so hopefully things improve in the next service pack...

CBR

@Cerbera, haha well you know how when the update window pops up, you have the option to download additional content? That's what i meant. So indeed i am using the latest R19 version and yes, i failed to look up your software version. In my defence, i was trying to use the microwave at the same time :*

Just now, ErickM said:

@Cerbera, haha well you know how when the update window pops up, you have the option to download additional content? That's what i meant. So indeed i am using the latest R19 version and yes, i failed to look up your software version. In my defence, i was trying to use the microwave at the same time :*

Relax - only kidding my friend :) I am well aware of how difficult it is to type stuff and use the microwave.

@Cerbera the file plays OK on my pc when all frames is unchecked - which is what I expected. My reasoning is - the sound must have a constant playback speed to play smoothly. If the pc is struggling with the animation ie slowing down at 'hard' places, then the sound will stutter. If all frames is off, the pc will play at a constant speed (albeit skipping viewport frames as necessary).

BTW I'm not on a threadripper etc - my main workhorse is an old i7 2600K 8GB ram, running at 4.4GHz.

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, jed said:

@Cerbera the file plays OK on my pc when all frames is unchecked - which is what I expected. My reasoning is - the sound must have a constant playback speed to play smoothly. If the pc is struggling with the animation ie slowing down at 'hard' places, then the sound will stutter. If all frames is off, the pc will play at a constant speed (albeit skipping viewport frames as necessary).

BTW I'm not on a threadripper etc - my main workhorse is an old i7 2600K 8GB ram, running at 4.4GHz.

@jed i unchecked it, and it seems to play fine! Coodos to you @jed Coodos!

On this note, being that all frames in unchecked, how does this impact the viewport? 

Does the viewport (when playing) still give an actual representation of every frame or not?

That's interesting - I also unchecked it, and it still jittered for me !

CBR

here's my test

• Topic Author
  • 9 minutes ago, jed said:

here's my test

Good test @jed i understand what's happening better. Btw, that was super fast response with the video and all, i can appreciate that. Perfect example! Thanks.

In conclusion, unchecking all frames will cause the timeline to continue moving forward whether or not the system has had time to render the animation. That causes a jitter in the animation but the audio plays fine. 

Here's a problem for a future thread headlined "Audio plays fine but viewport animation is skipping, HELP!"

Can't make this stuff up.

Yep, must have been a rift in the space time continuum - now I am getting error free playback with that turned off too !

Excellent :) All sorted then. Nice shout, Jedster !

CBR

4 minutes ago, ErickM said:

that was super fast response with the video and all

I'm on fiber with 18Mbit upload, and a Vimeo account so C4D > Camtasia > Vimeo > Cafe is fairly quick.

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, jed said:

I'm on fiber with 18Mbit upload, and a Vimeo account so C4D > Camtasia > Vimeo > Cafe is fairly quick.

Wow.! You don't say...

I feel like throwing my internet out the window sometimes.