hvanderwegen

Krita 4 Released!

hvanderwegen    48

kiki_4.0_sm-1.png

A major release with major new features and improvements: improved vector tools, SVG support, a new text tool, Python scripting and much, much, much more!

Amazing this is open source and free! Get it here: https://krita.org/en/item/krita-4-0-0-released/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-CY4hmkg_I

New features include...
multi-threaded brushes
New Text Tool
Improved Vector Tools based on SVG
Python Scripting
Improved brush settings dialog
Colorize Mask
New Filters: Height to Normal map, Edge Detection, improved gradient map,
Improved helpers (isometric grid, pixel grid)
Bigger brushes
Saving in background
Masked brushes
Wet edges
Shape Library
A Ton of Fixes
And much much more

• Like 1

CApruzzese    104

I downloaded this a while back and never really found it usable, but had high hopes it would improve so i downloaded the new version. Hopes realized! It's a pretty amazing update and they improved the interface and brushes quite a bit! I haven't gone through ti all yet, but i think my next drawing will be on this and see how it goes. 

• Namaste 1

hvanderwegen    48
  • Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, CApruzzese said:

I downloaded this a while back and never really found it usable, but had high hopes it would improve so i downloaded the new version. Hopes realized! It's a pretty amazing update and they improved the interface and brushes quite a bit! I haven't gone through ti all yet, but i think my next drawing will be on this and see how it goes. 

For me the masked (stacked) brushes are the one thing I missed in the previous version. And the multi-threaded brushes really give Krita an enormous speed boost. I experience no lagging, nothing. With my Wacom I don't even need to touch the keyboard anymore. The right-mouse click widget take care of that.

I am very impressed with this release.

• Like 1

CApruzzese    104
    9 hours ago, hvanderwegen said:

For me the masked (stacked) brushes are the one thing I missed in the previous version. And the multi-threaded brushes really give Krita an enormous speed boost. I experience no lagging, nothing. With my Wacom I don't even need to touch the keyboard anymore. The right-mouse click widget take care of that.

I am very impressed with this release.

I use Sketchbook pro, the standalone version which will never be updated so you are forced to get a subscription, which I will not do - so it won't work forever and this might be a good replacement. 

Fastbee    78

It's amazing such a great drawing program is free.

So many great things.  Drawing was a little slow at time so the multi thread thing looks great.  The height to normal could be particularly useful for 3d artists here.

The link on this page that is supposed to go to download krita brings me back to this page.