adamjm    2

Hi All,

second attempt at this and i'm still not getting how this is achieved? i've gone through my file and really can't figure out how to get this sweep the same thickness all the way through. have i got this set up in the wrong plane or a box unchecked?

again any help would be great.. 

thanks

sweep test.c4d

Cerbera    1,733

It's exactly the same problem as the previous 2 times, and my answers to those posts still apply. Those answers were very clear so I just don't know why you're not following those instructions ! I even gave you a file with this fixed !

CBR

StCanas    44

The axis for your cross section spline is all over the place, that's all. Centre it and then rotate it 90°.

Cerbera    1,733
5 hours ago, StCanas said:

The axis for your cross section spline is all over the place, that's all. Centre it and then rotate it 90°.

No, it's not just that :) As I told him last time, he also has Parallel movement wrongly turned on in the sweep !

CBR

StCanas    44
9 hours ago, Cerbera said:

No, it's not just that :) As I told him last time, he also has Parallel movement wrongly turned on in the sweep !

CBR

Ah yes, sorry, you're right. I turned that off as well.

adamjm    2
  • Topic Author
  • Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback, so I keep turning off parallel movement and it's all over the place, if you say it's working for you CBR, then why is it not working for me when i turn parallel movement off !!??

I copied your file CBR and no progress unfortunately.... I literally looked at all your settings, where you had the section, spline and so on.. so bare with me on this because i know C4d can be a bit weird sometimes, as I've realised with some different tasks.. it can be a bit backward.

I'll try and resolve this but not having much luck on here 

jed    291

@adamjm I think the guys mean this -

• Like 1

StCanas    44
    21 minutes ago, jed said:

@adamjm I think the guys mean this -

I've just had to watch that with the sound off (in a meeting), but from the look of it, yes, that's it.

adamjm    2
  • Topic Author
  • That's fantastic.. thanks for your help guys.. I've tried it again still having some issues but your video is much clearer :) i'm running prime version but that shouldn't make a difference should it?

I'll have another go

thanks again.. video is so much clearer

adamjm    2
  • Topic Author
  • thanks, the video was crystal clear.. this is what i wanted.. all done... now i can finally complete the model hopefully :)

sweep test v3.c4d

Cerbera    1,733

Dude you should have said if you didn't understand what I was trying to tell you the last few times ! :) We mentioned the axis being wrong in the profile path, and using axis mode to fix that, but I didn't know that you didn't understand what that was, hence my frustration at having to explain apparently the same thing 3 times over ! Very pleased you have your answer now tho :)

CBR

jed    291

I'm guessing the original problem was due to the fact that wherever you draw a spline, its axis is at world center.