Sign in to follow this  
boxa

Hanging from a loop of string Dynamic

Hello

Working on an animation series but it seems to be taking forever, everything I do dynamic related I think wont take more than an hour to set up, and a day later I'm still playing around and getting no where usually with jittering issues. Basically I want to hang a car air freshener off a loop of string and it swing about, I hope to have 3 or 4 hanging together eventually, I've seen rigs of just a single string but I need it to loop. The top of the loop dose not need to be visible but would be a bonus. I've research dynamics to death, a soft body tag on a spline sort of works, but it just keeps jittering and then eventually falls through. Tried all the tricks to reduce this, from upping frame steps, angular/velocity dampening, collision boundaries etc but none the closer. I've also tried horope creating a chain of connectors, but the freshener passes through the mesh and its also not a great setup if you want to set initial state compared with the previous. I've attached my project, any help would be great.

air freshner dynamic post.zip

Works fine here, I'm on R14 though, so don't know if this has something to do with it.?

Ran it twice through all the frames, no jittering at all, doesn't  diconnect,  nice setup.

Added some turbulence, and copied the whole thing a few times. runs fine.  (file attached)

Thank you.

air freshner horope post_0002.zip

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for checking it out, glad you like it. The horope version is decent but when I start moving it about the fresher intersects with the rope a little, and the other ropes can pass through each other, aiming to hang 3 together all off their own string next to one another like in a car. The dynamic spline version that doesn't use connectors is a better setup and does everything I need, its just the jittering I'm struggling with. Tried a cylinder on it like a bead with nice even mesh and it started jittering up the string.