ArtVenture

Feeling discouraged about the industry

• Topic Author
  • On 4/12/2018 at 5:12 PM, smibrand said:

I don't think the industry is in any kind of decline. It's shifting and will always be shifting. Sounds like your general area isn't showing any kind of force to keep work coming in, which is always a factor for smaller communities.

If you need to relocate, you don't need to live in LA or NY to do mograph. Theres Detroit, Chicago, Austin, Seattle, Denver, SF. Lots of different choices. LA is expensive, but I don't know any freelance mograph artists struggling to survive. Most are driving pretty nice cars, so there is definitely money to be made. 

Don't call yourself a multimedia generalist. Sounds desperate. Hold true to what you are. Go buy the School of Motion Freelance Manifesto book. I think you'll find the inspiration in that to keep you going. 

I got the book on my kindle and it certainly has.  I'm starting to wonder if this is what I should have been doing all along these past few years.  I'm going to give it a go and see where it takes me.  If I can sustain myself on freelance I'll be one happy camper. 

The hell are you talking about?

I live in Israel, it's a country in no-where, literally a sh*t hole and people slowly move into 3D, it's becoming popular as heck.

Unfortunately, I'm just an after-effects expert, I can do pretty much anything in AE, but lately people been asking me to do some 3D work and I know nothing about 3D. I barely handle a cube, let alone a boat or a person.