Sign in to follow this  
MedievalAnt

Objects moving on 3d landscape

I have experience with other animation software but I'm inexperienced with Cinema4D and I'm considering purchasing it. However, I need advice if this can be done in Cinema4D:

I've marked the time, if you could watch 10-15 seconds and let me know if this is something that can be made in Cinema4D. If the marked time link doesn't work, it's 8m 20s into the video.

I'm not looking to make gamey battles per se, I have a different kind of project in mind, but this video is a perfect example of what I'm looking for. Could anyone help me in pinning down if Cinema4D is the right software for this + any plugins or other supplementing applications.

Apologies if this is not related to Cinema4D, I'm just hoping that people here can point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Yes that sort of thing is a breeze for cinema using the Surface deformer. Or if you need to do it with clones that is also possible.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Can you perhaps point me to useful tutorials that cover this partially or fully? Or what should I be 'googling' for (ie Surface deformer being one of the things)?

Thank you very much for your help thus far.

You're welcome :)

This one shows you just one method of moving a solid block of stuff around a landscape, but there are other methods depending on what you want to move and how... it could also be floating above the surface, or any number of other variations, for example...

CBR

You could even do it by just getting some splines out of your landscape geo, and just aligning and animating objects along that...

CBR

You're welcome. It's a pretty friendly community here, and there are some very clever people on the cafe, so we can usually help you find all the ways of doing stuff...

CBR

• Like 1