RenderStorm Farm

Sign in to follow this  
Smicksus

Orrery - short animated film

Smicksus    13

Hey all!

I am working on a 3D animated short in my spare time next to my study. It's called "Orrery" and it's about the beauty of our solar system. And how our little fragile planet fits between our neighbour planets. I'm wondering what you think of my wip. Any feedback is welcome! :) Also I want to point out you can visit my website and view the proces there. I'll upload images regulary there. So you can keep track of the proces and when it's going to be released. You can visit it here: https://www.bguchte.com/orerry
floating_ball_(0-00-07-12).thumb.png.0ed30138327f16ba9509c15354f87b42.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

• Like 1

Cerbera    1,733

Great project. I like that first image a lot. Great font choices and I am enjoying the 'vibrant-but-tasteful' graphic style.

I do have to have my customary whinge about all the triangles, unless they are necessary for some later fracturing reason I can't see, but as long as you are happy with those razor sharp edges on your planetary rings and don't plan to use subdivision, you are obviously getting away with it in the render :)

May I venture a suggestion for the bump on the blue planet ? Delta down, or higher res bump map - it's a little pixel-y to me at the moment...

CBR

Smicksus    13
  • Topic Author
  • 16 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Great project. I like that first image a lot. Great font choices and I am enjoying the 'vibrant-but-tasteful' graphic style.

I do have to have my customary whinge about all the triangles, unless they are necessary for some later fracturing reason I can't see, but as long as you are happy with those razor sharp edges on your planetary rings and don't plan to use subdivision, you are obviously getting away with it in the render :)

May I venture a suggestion for the bump on the blue planet ? Delta down, or higher res bump map - it's a little pixel-y to me at the moment...

CBR

hey Cerbera, thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

The triangles are actually because I use Redshift. You can easily add a wire-frame material to the objects. and there is an option to hide invisible lines. Witch is on by default. (Forgot to turn it of)

I will look to that bump map thanks, I agree that it could be a lot better. I think it's because I made the bump map myself with pictures I took from my fingers with charcoal on paper.

Thanks again CBR.

• Namaste 1