CApruzzese    88

I have started another Poe short animation, The Tell Tale Heart. I am working out the main set now and then I'll start the characters, which might just be modifications of ones I have already made. The main set needed a bedroom door that when opened will allow a sliver of light to pose the open eye of the old man on the bed, so placement and lighting were tricky but I think it's been worked out. I Have to be able to take up floor boards so the main guy can hide the body parts of the old man there after he kills him.  The blinds open and closer day and night shots. As always the hardest part for me is the characters, the main guy, old man and a policeman in this one! 

5ad13c6c7a10d_TTH_mainset.thumb.png.acacea1eadeff193b83b9694cf9e184b.png

• Like 1

CApruzzese    88
  • Topic Author
  • Small update as I am working on a new Dramatic Reading animation at the same time.  I made the floors with individual boards with no thickness except where they will be taken up to reveal what has happened to the old man.  I have an entryway set to make and the three characters still to go. this will take awhile to complete. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 07.45.11.png

• Like 1

bobc4d    113

I know this will be good, you have a great way to bring these to life.  another Poe favorite of mine is The Cask of Amontillado.  One music group from the 80's who did a commendable job on his stuff was The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination .  I don't know what happened to that CD, prolly lost in all my military moves.

• Like 1

CApruzzese    88
  • Topic Author
  • On 2018-04-18 at 7:08 PM, bobc4d said:

I know this will be good, you have a great way to bring these to life.  another Poe favorite of mine is The Cask of Amontillado.  One music group from the 80's who did a commendable job on his stuff was The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination .  I don't know what happened to that CD, prolly lost in all my military moves.

Cask of Amontillado is on my short list for Poe stories to adapt. It seems do-able for me as one person,  which is the first consideration! really need to prepare the characters to get this on it's way, which is hardest and most intimidating part for me making these things.  

CApruzzese    88
  • Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, jed said:

I guess the story inspired this xkcd

https://xkcd.com/740/

That cartoon you linked to below is most definitely a reference to this story! I

bobc4d    113
    15 hours ago, CApruzzese said:

Cask of Amontillado is on my short list for Poe stories to adapt. It seems do-able for me as one person,  which is the first consideration! really need to prepare the characters to get this on it's way, which is hardest and most intimidating part for me making these things.  

TRC #278_ This Will Make You Smarter + Predictions + Female Falsetto.mp3

that file did not play, unsupported format????

CApruzzese    88
  • Topic Author
  • 12 hours ago, bobc4d said:

that file did not play, unsupported format????

just as well... I don't know where that link came from! LOL

It looks like a science podcast i listen too so maybe that link was somehow stuck in my clipboard. I find I get lots of weird things going on when I'm rendering in c4d and doing something else at the same time! 

• Haha 1

CApruzzese    88
  • Topic Author
  • Finally got a little further with this. Working on the old man character.  Keeping the same look as my other films with slight improvements, I hope. I found a way to get the eyes to close without using a half sphere this time which I think will work out well for this story.  Next is the main guy and then the police officer. After that I can start animating finally! 

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 17.34.21.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 17.33.55.png

bobc4d    113

I like him, kinda Peter Cushing like.  the glass eyeball is creepy

• Like 1
    • Haha 1

CApruzzese    88
  • Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, bobc4d said:

I like him, kinda Peter Cushing like.  the glass eyeball is creepy

Thanks! I am on the right track then. I might have to take some of the green out and make it more blue, in the story is supposed to be a pale blue. Not that I can have some artistic freedom. The head might be  tad too large.  I just spend a couple hours recording the narration with my own terrible voice - but I can't keep asking the same friends to do it for me! 

• Like 1

bobc4d    113
    4 hours ago, CApruzzese said:

Thanks! I am on the right track then. I might have to take some of the green out and make it more blue, in the story is supposed to be a pale blue. Not that I can have some artistic freedom. The head might be  tad too large.  I just spend a couple hours recording the narration with my own terrible voice - but I can't keep asking the same friends to do it for me! 

Sure you can ask him to narrate, just tell him you have a Cask of Amontillado to share :wackywink: