Sign in to follow this  
CApruzzese

Tell Tale Heart

Started animating. Coming across some rigging issues as always. Hard to know what's wrong I find until you actual start using the puppets in a project - then it jumps right out at you!  It's also a little hard getting into the gothic horror thing after my last 4 cartoon projects which were pretty free and wild in movement. 

TTH_clip05est.png

the hands look a bit too big for body but I love the long bony fingers, gives it that Nosferatu look. 

15 hours ago, bobc4d said:

the hands look a bit too big for body but I love the long bony fingers, gives it that Nosferatu look. 

So right.. I am not sure why that keeps happening. I swear I resize them every time I use the base model to make a new character but part way into each project - I suddenly notice they are monstrous!  LOL  I am getting better at making the figures but I still have so much to improve on. 

Working on the entryway now where the main guy will meet the policeman. Trying to find a good balance between needed details and keeping simple like the bedroom I made previously. There should be at least a painting or two on the walls. 

I think I will keep the outside details limited to the light from the street lamp.

TTH_house_entrance.png

to me it looks like the candle chandelier is upside down or is that what it is supposed to be?

2 minutes ago, bobc4d said:

to me it looks like the candle chandelier is upside down or is that what it is supposed to be?

it's the way it supposed to be, I used it in another project but since you mentioned it... I might just take all the candles out of it, they aren't really needed. And they are a little strange looking in a bad way. 

Quick update, using the chandelier to cast weird shadows on the walls which seems to work, added details and the doors opens inwards - as it should. Tis is probably ready - just need to make a policemen character now so i can continue animating without too long a break. 

TTH-entryway.jpg

oh yeah, love the shadows on the wall as well as the pictures give it a Dark Shadows effect. (pun intended).  I hate to be nit picky, but now for some reason the rug and coat rack seem to float on tile floor, especially the coat rack,I dunno it looks off.

The rug doesn't bug me much, but the hat rack looks  better after I increased the shadow mapping.I could make the base thicker which wold anchor it more in the shot. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 19.23.03.jpg

I think that hat rack is just a bit too small - don't people usually reach up to put their hats on those things ? And I think I've only ever seen them made out of wood for some reason ! :)

Also, if I may, I think your shadows are really very black and could do with being a little less dense, and the floor seems a little evenly lit compared to the rest of it, or perhaps it's just a little too bright ? Lastly, whilst I appreciate that the richer people are the less taste they tend to have when home decorating, are you sure you want the red of that carpet next to that orange on the floor ? ;) 

CBR