Sign in to follow this  
CApruzzese

Tell Tale Heart

to me it looks like the candle chandelier is upside down or is that what it is supposed to be?

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, bobc4d said:

to me it looks like the candle chandelier is upside down or is that what it is supposed to be?

it's the way it supposed to be, I used it in another project but since you mentioned it... I might just take all the candles out of it, they aren't really needed. And they are a little strange looking in a bad way. 

• Topic Author
  • Quick update, using the chandelier to cast weird shadows on the walls which seems to work, added details and the doors opens inwards - as it should. Tis is probably ready - just need to make a policemen character now so i can continue animating without too long a break. 

TTH-entryway.jpg

oh yeah, love the shadows on the wall as well as the pictures give it a Dark Shadows effect. (pun intended).  I hate to be nit picky, but now for some reason the rug and coat rack seem to float on tile floor, especially the coat rack,I dunno it looks off.

• Topic Author
  • The rug doesn't bug me much, but the hat rack looks  better after I increased the shadow mapping.I could make the base thicker which wold anchor it more in the shot. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 19.23.03.jpg

I think that hat rack is just a bit too small - don't people usually reach up to put their hats on those things ? And I think I've only ever seen them made out of wood for some reason ! :)

Also, if I may, I think your shadows are really very black and could do with being a little less dense, and the floor seems a little evenly lit compared to the rest of it, or perhaps it's just a little too bright ? Lastly, whilst I appreciate that the richer people are the less taste they tend to have when home decorating, are you sure you want the red of that carpet next to that orange on the floor ? ;) 

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 12 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I think that hat rack is just a bit too small - don't people usually reach up to put their hats on those things ? And I think I've only ever seen them made out of wood for some reason ! :)

Also, if I may, I think your shadows are really very black and could do with being a little less dense, and the floor seems a little evenly lit compared to the rest of it, or perhaps it's just a little too bright ? Lastly, whilst I appreciate that the richer people are the less taste they tend to have when home decorating, are you sure you want the red of that carpet next to that orange on the floor ? ;) 

CBR

I totally overlooked the scale of the hatrack, I'll work on that. I have seen more iin metal than wood but also, it needed to be more visible in this shot. As for the rest - I had better watch some Home and garden TV pronto!  LOL

• Topic Author
  • This does look much better ::)

Screen_Shot_2018-05-24_at_09_14_00.png

• Topic Author
  • Still moving along on this thing. I am a little over 2/3rds done with the animation. The police officer is pretty poorly done in terms of his geometry and I thought I could just fake it... and i can but it's more problem than it's worth in the long run.  This image is slightly gruesome, but blame Poe not me,  didn't write it!  :)

21 cut off arms0000.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Done I guess!  I didn't rush through this by any means and it pointed out some things I improving with but still need to work on. Like walking characters... I think I tend to exaggerate walks because of my Dramatic reading series where everything is exaggerated! I have  a couple Poe's tales on the back burner, they will stay there for now I want to work on a couple new characters and hoping a new series plus a new Dramatic reading short.  I HATE my voice but it's all I had for this one, sorry! 

another excellent production, you do this so well.

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, bobc4d said:

another excellent production, you do this so well.

You are too kind as always!