Sign in to follow this  
flakslinger

What the instance is going on?

Hello All, Hope your weekend is going great. I am running into a problem my little brain cant solve. I got this project file of a nanotube, and I'm not sure whats going on. I think I understand that there is a sphere object and a tube object. They are then instanced to create the actual nanotube. It seems to me it's just a mess of instances. I want to use a plain effector and simulate the nanotube growing, starting from the bottom and rising. I know mograph can do this but when I try to use anything on the mess of instances nothing is happening. Any help would be sooo appreciated. Thank You (file is attached)

NANOTUBE.c4d

It's not a mess of instances, it's a massively precise array of instances, but don't let that put you off :)

You just need to dump all the instances for each object (but not the source objects) in a Fracture, so that mograph and its effectors can see them. If you want to affect the spheres differently to the tubes, then you'll be needing 2 fractures, but otherwise you can do it all with one...

CBR

• Awesome 1

You're welcome.  Anyone with a cat as their avatar gets priority service from me ;)

well-done.thumb.jpg.652f2c177ffe0a6f0debdbde0f932ba9.jpg

CBR

• Haha 1

Another route would be to go to ePMV and build the nanotube yourself. Here is one I made in about 3 minutes. Plus you will now have access to every molecule on the Protein Databank be it DNA, RNA, enzymes, viruses, etc. It is Nirvana if you do biologic modeling.

Nanotube 3.c4d.zip

Here is a tutorial from the ePMV plugin creator:

And here is how you install ePMV:

http://www.autopack.org/install/cinema-4d-installation

It is amazing what you can do within C4D once you start using this.

Whoever said that things don't make you happy obviously didn't have Cinema 4D