Sign in to follow this  
moviaco

Ink Drops

I need to create ink drops animation. Each ink drop (in microscopic view) need to slowly fall on a fabric and spread to a perfect dot.

I tried using Melt deformer but I'm not getting perfect results. in addition to that some of the dots needs to be thicker and some thinner.

Thanks a lot.

Please complete your profile with correct version information - important that is correct if you are asking for help...

If you have it in your version (see ?) I would use Posemorph for this. That way you can use the sculpting or other polygon tools to create start and end points for a very art-directed flattening / expanding droplet. If you update your profile / confirm you have PM and the sculpt tools I can go into more detail about that...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thank you. I am a new user and will do it now.

OK, if you have R18, then you have Sculpting and PoseMorph.

The steps to doing this are roughly as follows:

1. Create a droplet in the starting state, and then copy that model and hide the original.

2. Using any polygon tools, or sculpt brushes, flatten and change the model into its final state. Careful not to add or remove any points.

3. On the first drop create a PoseMorph tag, and select Pose 0 (the end pose)

4. In the advanced tab there is a source box where you can drop the second model.

5. Change to animate tab of PM tag, and the Pose 0 Strength slider controls the transition between states. Keyframe that.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Wow, never thought of this direction. This is great. Only quedtion now is how make the animation start upon colliding the fabric...???

11 minutes ago, moviaco said:

Wow, never thought of this direction. This is great. Only quedtion now is how make the animation start upon colliding the fabric...???

Put the droplet model in a Null first of all. Then animate that travelling towards the cloth, taking the drop with it. Until it actually hits the cloth the Pose 0 strength slider just remains at 0, and only when it first impacts would you start animating Pose 0 strength up to 100%...

CBR

2 hours ago, moviaco said:

Wow, never thought of this direction. This is great. Only quedtion now is how make the animation start upon colliding the fabric...???

Well, I see you took my advice and it was worth it...;)

Kobi

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Put the droplet model in a Null first of all. Then animate that travelling towards the cloth, taking the drop with it. Until it actually hits the cloth the Pose 0 strength slider just remains at 0, and only when it first impacts would you start animating Pose 0 strength up to 100%...

CBR

Question is how do I handle about 50 of those randomly coming out of a print head...?

• Topic Author
  • 25 minutes ago, 3dkobi said:

Well, I see you took my advice and it was worth it...;)

Kobi

For sure. Thanks.

Try using the Cloner.  Check out this tutorial on how to animate clones based on a Plain Effector with Falloff:

You could put the Plain Effector just above the cloth with a Linear Falloff and then maybe a Random Effector animates the position of the drops falling down.

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, natevplas said:

Try using the Cloner.  Check out this tutorial on how to animate clones based on a Plain Effector with Falloff:

You could put the Plain Effector just above the cloth with a Linear Falloff and then maybe a Random Effector animates the position of the drops falling down.

Amazing... I  have been here a few hours understanding how much C4D basics I am missing. I'm still trying to understand how to flatten the sphere using the sculpt brushes.

Check YouTube for lots of sculpting tutorials to get started!