HSrdelic

CINEMA 4D Flash Sale!

flash_sale.png

Next Thursday only: 30% Off all Licenses!
On May 3rd, 2018, for 24 hours, you will save 30 %* on all Perpetual and Short-Term licenses as well as all upgrades and sidegrades (with the exception of the MAXON Service Agreement (MSA), which can be purchased at the regular price)!

I can never figure out if it's worth upgrading like this, it will be out of date in September.

Also is a Service Agreement really worth it?

What are your thoughts?

I also don´t  understand this business moves...

As loyal customer with MSA I was paid more for upgrade from R18 to R19 then current "upgraders". (only benefit installation on 2 PC without using them concurrently)

Also MSA increased price was discounted for a little time, but when I ask my reseler, they told me it´s not for me, because my MSA expire 5 months later (?)

I was think same offer will get all MSA users in time of upgrades their MSA licencies.

Business is business...

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, Push said:

I can never figure out if it's worth upgrading like this, it will be out of date in September.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts? Unfortunately I can't give you an unbiased answer - it is best for you to decide :)

Yup, R20 will be out in September so think about it before parting with your money. That said if you buy R19 now along with the MSA you'll get R20 when it ships. You'll just need to renew your MSA same time next year before R21 comes out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Push said:

What are your thoughts?

Thats a good question and this depends on if you make the full use of it.  I think it is worth it if you intend to keep up to date, the other options cost way more, and you dont gain a thing by waiting a couple of years as your only end up paying more in the long run.  Cinevercity has plenty of value if you use it, and even more so for the scripts that come with it.  Putting the price up, risky if r20 is not the big one many have been waiting for. I just wish they communicated more.  R20 is a big one for me this year, its going to help me choose my direction firmly.  What ever happens I will be using C4D for many years to come as there is nothing that offers me a better option out there considering all the variables.

Dan

• Like 1

It's a shame the MSAs are not included in these sales :) But I do see their value for people who have fallen out of the MSA cycle and now want to get back in, like me with R17. If I hadn't got back in with a 30% off sale then my punishment-for-leaving-tax would have been about double what it was, so I was grateful to have got away with it a bit cheaper. 

CBR

I bought with the last sale and got R18, and couldn't really see the value in upgrading to R19, there just wasn't enough in it for me to justify the cost. However the longer I wait the more it will cost to upgrade in the end.

I have invested in Octane in the past and now Redshift, much better use of my money.

• Like 1

I bought with the last sale and got R18, and couldn't really see the value in upgrading to R19, there just wasn't enough in it for me to justify the cost. However the longer I wait the more it will cost to upgrade in the end.

I have invested in Octane in the past and now Redshift, much better use of my money.

I just checked and it's £490 for me to upgrade to R19, or with the MSA £1010 so I'd get R20 in September.

Oh, the dilemma!

Well I just got back in...Been a long time. Since R14, So I suppose I should update my profile now :)

Glad to be back and I do hope it was worth the investment especially with all the talk of the R20 release upcoming.

Rick