Motion Tracking Missing Camera Keyframes

cendrick

Hello everyone,

I've been out of the 3D world for a while and it's great to be back. I've begun working with the new Motion Tracker in the demo of R19 and I'm noticing that my 90 second clip which has been converted to an image sequence is not working. The issue is that when I do the 3D solve, the camera keyframes are for only a portion of my total number of frames. Has anyone else seen something like this?  It's key framing only the end of my sequence and it's never the same each time I do a new test.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Rick

Keyframe_issue.png

Until last week, that wouldn't have rung any alarm bells for me, but as it happens someone else reported exactly the same behaviour in R19, and as far as I saw, at least in terms of lack of replies, nobody knew why that might be happening. 

I haven't done any motion tracking since R19, so haven't had cause to test it myself so far other than a few short clips which didn't have that problem. And nor do any of the demos / tutorials for the tracker that are all over youtube. What all these things have in common is that they are all using fairly short clips.

I wasn't aware of any limitations for longer tracks, but you do seem to be not the only one getting problems. It might be worth phoning or emailing MAXON in your country and asking them directly if they are aware of the problem and if they know of anything you can do about it. After all, Motion tracking is a pretty much fully automatic process initially, and if you have set start and end frames when you first import the clip (which should be right be default anyway as I recall) then there isn't much else you can change is there ? :/

CBR

Thank you for the heads up to an issue with R19. I'll check with support to see if they know of anything. I'm going to try a fewer shorter clips in the meantime to see if that is indeed the problem. I know 90 seconds is a very long time in 3D world so I'm hoping that is the cause and if so I can just cut the clip up into smaller segments.

Regards,

Rick

• 2 years later...

Did you ever figure out what went wrong? 

i'm having the same issue with a track i'm doing now... the first 120 frames= nothing. after that, the animation starts...

thanks. 

Mitchell