Cinema 4D Plugins

Sign in to follow this  
deck

Cinema price confusion

deck    45

Hi Cafe

Im a bit confused over the advertised prices for the cinema upgrades advertised on the site this morning.

I dropped my MSA last year due to finance rather than any issues with the software, so the £490 + vat upgrade price offers an opportunity to solve that, what has got my interest is the price crossed out, does it really normally cost £2390 to upgrade from 1 version previous ?

So what is the full price for Studio R19, is it the £2800 marked up in this "perpetual licence " grab ?

And also, how do you upgrade from R19 to R19 for £927 ?

Can anyone clarify or just tell me where / how Im reading it wrong.

Deck

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 10.21.41.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 10.21.57.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 10.22.40.png

RBarrett    87

I'm with the US office and don't have direct knowledge of the systems in the UK, but it looks to me like you're bumping up against issues we also have in explaining the many, many skus available for C4D and fitting them into a webshop system.

The Studio R19 Upgrade from R19 allows you to upgrade an existing R19 Prime, Broadcast or Visualize to R19 Studio. The 2165 price crossed out is the regular price of the Prime R19 to Studio R19 "plusgrade" (the most expensive plusgrade). The 927.50 price is the discounted price of the least expensive plusgrade, from Visualize to Studio.

The R18 upgrade product is the same - it's showing prices to upgrade to Studio R19 from Prime, Broadcast, Visualize or Studio R18. The crossed out amount is the regular price of Prime R18 to Studio R19 and the sale price shown is the discounted price of Studio R18 to Studio R19.

2800 GBP looks to be about right for the regular price of R19 (it varies regionally due to exchange rate fluctuations). The cheaper "from" price here comes from the discounted pricing that's available when purchasing 5 or more licenses.

Hope that helps.

deck    45
  • Topic Author
  • Hi Rick

Thanks for sorting that out, i had to read it a couple of times but i think i have it now, and you have cleared up the £2390 question.

So if that is the case, do you know what the rough cost of going from R18 studio to R19 studio, and possibly what is cost of jumping two versions, i.e. if I was to wait until R20. Im just trying to gauge the value of the £490 offer compared to normal costs.

Thanks for taking the time Rick, i don't know if you work for MAXON was its kind of a question for them tho i did scour the website for a clearer message. But i have watched many of your great tutorials on cinevercity, so thanks for those also.

Deck

RBarrett    87

It looks like R18 Studio to R19 Studio is usually 700 gbp and discounted to 490. The MSA adds 520 gbp to make sure you get R20. There's no guarantee at this point on pricing once R20 comes out (particularly with exchange rates). At current pricing a two-version upgrade (undiscounted R17 to R19) is 1120.

I work for MAXON US, and my work with Cineversity is part of that. Glad you like the tutorials!

deck    45
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks Rick, thats really helpful.

yes i paid up for my cinevercity after dropping my MSA as its a great resource and repository to cover almost any project that might come up. My memory is not quite up to all aspects of cinema so its comforting having the tutorials on call :)

Cheers

Deck