bluediamond

What's the render settings for this pic?

Hi, 

I'm new to C4D. I would like to know what's the render settings for the following image? I've tried the cel shader and the Sketch and Toon. But they don't give the results that I want here as I want the insides of the building to be seen through instead of solid. The final look should be similar to the "lines" mode in the display. 

Would appreciate anyone's help on this question. Thanks in advance! 

example .jpg

You can try exporting your 3d models in .fbx or .obj and use the trapcode suite in after effects.

• Like 2

This is not exactly the same, but it shows how you can use sketch and toon to show non visible outlines. You can also check "edges" to get more lines. You can save this render setting as a preset. If you want to get more of a blue to white line, under the toon shader>color> click to select the "distance" modifier.

LightOutlines.c4d

LightOutlinesDist.c4d

A city can be made with this: https://greyscalegorilla.com/2012/06/the-avengers-find-their-way-using-cinema-4d-and-the-city-kit/

Hi this is often done with Fesnel shader in alpha or transparency of a material. I added the glow here during rendering but I recommend doing it in compositing. Play with the fresnel gradient for the look. And a detailed modeling gives good optical effects.

Cheers

Xray look.c4d

R18, Octane, Vray, Cycles, Zbrush, AE, Marvelous Designer, Substance Designer, Affinity

12 hours ago, bluediamond said:

The final look should be similar to the "lines" mode in the display. 

Than you could use an Atom Array, very thin, sphere and cylinder same size and a black non reflective material on a grey background. 

But your reference really looks like Trapcode MIR, in after effects with an OBJ, just like Ottie mentioned.