HSrdelic

Your help is needed

HSrdelic    2,681

Hi folks

Due to large traffic and shear amount of content on Cafe we are having difficulties paying up for server traffic, storage, security and maintenance. This also include IPS software fees and various other costs that keep Cafe and all it's content on your disposal. At this moments we are providing immense amount of scene files and artwork. Please consider becoming a Cafe supporter to keep us going in future

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/store/category/4-c4d-cafe-support-club/

or contact us for advertising options

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/contact/

Thank you!

ninjad    13

You should offer a way to donate as well. I don't necessarily want a badge and having a donation option might help you guys get a larger total from small sum amounts.

HSrdelic    2,681
  • Topic Author
  • Sure, if you want to donate simply contact us, however badge is not just a symbol. It carries increased space and less advertising :)

Isleofgough    21

Your forum is worth support. However, since it creates a lot of interest in C4D (one of the selling points is good forum support), isn’t MAXON willing to help out?

3DKiwi    354

Hope you can sort out the finances. Glad I don't have to worry about these things any more and I can recall having to dip into my own pocket from time to time. Pity Cactus Dan isn't around any more as his ad helped to keep the cafe running.

May be it's time to move all video file hosting over to Vimeo or Youtube? Some of my videos are already hosted by Vimeo. The main reason I had to have the cafe on it's own dedicated server was the load on the server of people downloading video tutorials. With all of the video tutorials hosted offsite the forum software should be able to run on shared and lower cost hosting. Not sure what you do about file hosting for scene files etc. I'm sure there's an easy solution.

Dare I suggest that the amounts to be a Cafe Cafe Supporter are a bit high and it only lasts 6 months.

I note on the Supporter's page that "Badge" is spelt "Bade" for Gold Supporters. Same when you click on the link to go to the Gold Supporter's page.

Good luck.

Nigel / 3DKiwi

• Like 1

DanLSK    43

I would like to suggest having direct link to Paypal account for  this sort of things. It makes me bit paranoid seeing the exclamation mark over the security lock in the URL area.  Honestly I don't understand this sort of things very well but also like to play it safe when it comes to my personal information.

Lets get the paypal link going and I'll help out.

C4dcafe.JPG

jed    297

I've been a supporter in the past, but I don't remember ever getting a 'renewal' email.

HSrdelic    2,681
  • Topic Author
  • Hey folks, sorry for late reply, unfortunately I had to attend a funeral service and was gone for few days :/

On 5/11/2018 at 9:34 PM, 3DKiwi said:

Dare I suggest that the amounts to be a Cafe Cafe Supporter are a bit high and it only lasts 6 months.

I note on the Supporter's page that "Badge" is spelt "Bade" for Gold Supporters. Same when you click on the link to go to the Gold Supporter's page.

Hi Nigel

Thanks for the suggestion, of course you are more than welcome to suggest stuff. I indeed doubled the badge duration and it is 12 months now :)

Also edited the typos.

On 5/12/2018 at 8:09 AM, DanLSK said:

also like to play it safe when it comes to my personal information.

Sure, that is perfectly understandable, however this is simply a checkout that comes with forum software (IPS) and is considered safe. I have sent you pm :)

On 5/12/2018 at 3:17 PM, jed said:

I've been a supporter in the past, but I don't remember ever getting a 'renewal' email.

That is actually a bug in forum software and one of the reasons why we couldn't hold the subscription model for TD section. It was complicated to deal with that manually and half baked service is something I definitely don't want to do. I would be very happy to see you renew your badge ;)

Cheers

HSrdelic    2,681
  • Topic Author
  • Big thanks to all folks that bought a badge or made contribution, we appreciate it a lot! :signthankspin: