Rendercore Lab

Eranio    0

Hello guys, 

I am sure it's a well beaten path the one I am but I didn't seem to make it with any of the advices I tried using in my render. I am sure this Render is not such a big deal an I don't understand why is taking so long. I am rendering for about 8 hours for 150 frames from 300.

I have 6G of video RAM 970 nVidia. 

I am very new to cinema 4d and still figuring out things. I would be grateful if somebody would help me. Thanks

3d Panou.c4d

renderforum.jpg

Capture.PNG

Cerbera    1,815

You need to complete your profile before we can help. Having C4D version: None there doesn't tell us anything about what you are using.

CBR

BigAl3D    44

Not to mention is that a gas simulation for the clouds in your animation? That in itself can take a long time to render.

Eranio    0
  • Topic Author
  • I am sorry. I use C4d R19.024 Studio. It is a texture with an alpha gradient and turbulence. not a real smoke simulator. I left the project file in post.  I tried different reneder option and everything seems to go waaaay to slow. Do you need any more info? 

Cerbera    1,815
    53 minutes ago, Eranio said:

I use C4d R19.024 Studio.

First thing to do is update to latest version of R19, which fixes a lot of bugs in your version...

Now, I've had a look at your file...

First off, your Physical Render settings are fine, the problem is not that.

One frame takes nearly 4 minutes to render on my system, which I consider an awful lot for what is in the scene... until I look a bit closer and see what you are doing with alpha. The technique you are employing here is designed to work best with 2 or 3 layers of alpha, not 24, as you have going on here ! That is the sole reason that this scene takes so long - if you hide the clouds from render it takes 3 seconds per frame !

Also, your ray depth setting in the render options isn't enough to be showing you all the layers of cloud - indeed all that render time is required to do just the first 14 layers ! You would have to turn this up to at least 24 to be seeing all of the clouds, and of course your render time would go up proportionally.

Having so many alpha layers kinda defeats the whole purpose of using this method, which was developed initially as a much faster alternative to Pyrocluster. However in this case, Pyrocluster would probably be faster !

CBR

Cerbera    1,815

@stlfinder I can't approve your post because it's not in English, and this is an English only forum. Please translate it and repost.

CBR