Sign in to follow this  
nutdanai

Pose Morph not working

You cant have a cloth tag and pose morph have control over the mesh at the same time.  If you want to have the cloth sim baked into a morph produce multiple current state to objects delete the cloth tag then add the target objects to morphs.

Dan

12 minutes ago, Rectro said:

You cant have a cloth tag and pose morph have control over the mesh at the same time.  If you want to have the cloth sim baked into a morph produce multiple current state to objects delete the cloth tag then add the target objects to morphs.

Dan

Thank you Dan for reply , I dont know why these tutorial can do that,

Anyway , in your way "baked into a morph produce multiple current state to objects"

If I understand correctly  you mean bake point animation right ?

Ahh right, you didn't post the tutorial links to start with, he does a few more steps than what your showing initially.  I haven't got time to follow tutorial, but in the steps you provided no it dont seem to work with both cloth and pose morph at the same time.  What I did was bake different states of the simulation into multiple meshes, but scribing through that video this is not what your trying to do.

If you bake down the simulation to PLA as in what looks to be a Russian video, then the cloth sim is no longer needed, then pose morphs work fine.  I like the idea of using motion clips as you can construct the loop with nice blending without having to set any keys at all, then you can bake the motion clips back to keyframes.

Dan

Thanks Dan again for answer.

Now the easiest way to me is bake down PLA but I still want to know how you way are done , I try to find command and tutorial but find nothing.

If I understand correctly , your way will freeze object on current frame , if my scene have 90 frames that's mean I will have 90 mesh of cloth right ?

ps. I am still curious about those two video , they both have cloth tag and use morph tag in same object but still working. (On second video it's happen on 27:39)

And I try again exact same thing that they do but not working. Did they use magic ?

2 hours ago, nutdanai said:

And I try again exact same thing that they do but not working. Did they use magic ?

No. I note this also doesn't work in 19.053. It might be that your version of Cinema has the same problem, whereas EJ's didn't.

CBR

The key to combine cloth and morphs is C4D arkward priorities system. You need to increase over 100 in generators priority. You sadly loose collision detection...otherwise one could build awesome stuff with it.

This file works in R18:

Morph_Cloth.c4d

1 hour ago, zeden said:

You need to increase over 100 in generators priority.

Nice solve. Even working without caching the cloth !Didn't know about that, but it definitely works :) Still remains something of a mystery why EJ didn't have to do that...

CBR

Yes this thing is deeply hidden in the docs. I have to check out the tuts....haven't seen them so far

I dreamed of building a custom muscle simulation system with it but miss the collision detection sadly for high end sim. Maybe someone finds a collision solution here. Hope never dies ;)