Yohnson

Tighter key frame control

Hey! So I am very new to animating in C4d .. I'm used to using keyframes in after effects but getting quite lost when I have multiple key frames in a scene and I want to make adjustments to specific values within cinema. 

for example I added a rotation to a small object and it took me so long to locate the key frame on the time line as there was so much else going on in the timeline. 

Do do I have to make a record of where I place keyframes ?

Maybe im doing it wrong. Maybe part of the problem is I'm trying to do this on a small screen? .. if anyone knows the best tutorials for the basics of key framing please let me know :)

thank you!

12 minutes ago, Yohnson said:

Do do I have to make a record of where I place keyframes ?

No. Place keyframes on a per-object basis, then whenever you select that object again its (and only its) keyframes will be displayed in the timeline.

For more complex edits across multi objects use either of the 2 Timeline Editors - Dope Sheet or F-Curve Editor.

There are loads of tutorials about this. Here's a good beginner one.

CBR

Hi

The (show all tracks) command found in the F curve menu will help you with only seeing the selected channels you have animated which removes the clutter of everything else.  Also make use of (Animation Layers)  This will help not just in the time line but when your working with the basic time line in standard user layout.

Dan