Sign in to follow this  
keyframer

Coordinates Z change with X Position

Hi there,

I have a problem that I can't fix. I have to make tramway on a map but when I move my x position to move the tramway, the z position move too...

And so my path don't go straight, after few frames, it move on the z...

I really don't understand why, maybe something with my world orientation ? something like that. 

Thank you very much for your help :-)

I attached a file with only my tramway, no map (too big file) but if you move the tramway you can see that the z position change coordonates when I change on my x position. 

Untitled 2.c4d

Edited by Cerbera
Capitals in titles please !

The tram is not aligned along any of the world axes in the scene, so that is why it moves on Z as well, because the coordinates manager is showing you world position, and you ARE moving it on World Z when you move on Object X because of the rotation discrepancy between coordinates systems. If you turn the Grid (and world axes) on (view filter) you can see where your model is relative to the world.

The answer is probably to just alt-add a null as a parent of the tram, then zero out the tram rotation within it, after which it should behave as you expect because its parent is no longer the world.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

Ok but when I alt-add a null as parent and zero out the tram rotation and then the axis of my null is not align with my object. So yes the x-y-z position are not linked anymore but if I want to move in the path of the object it's really difficult ?

Capture.PNG

No, you must've done that wrong. If you select the tram and alt-add the null, the null should assume the rotation of the object and your axis should remain correct like this...

tram.thumb.JPG.748e85b69b0395ac4459868b252b6ccc.JPG

tram2.thumb.JPG.f8929c761f843764d26ad4842c893746.JPG

CBR