RenderStorm Farm

losaira    0

How do I model this mask especially the curves on the side? I need to make it look soft. Please if you can share a step by step that would be really great.

received_1962581297148013.png

maliohammad    302

Hello and welcome to the cafe!

For this model all you need is just some simple SDS modeling, once you learn that you can make the objects you want (with practice and patience). 

You can search the YouTube for videos about it, then you have to prepare reference images (frontal, and side one).

natevplas    35

First of all, split it in half since it's fairly symmetrical.  Now think of it as a flattened piece of cloth.  Try flattening out your product and take a photo of that shape.  Then use that as a template to model a flat version of it (I recommend starting with a subdivided plane, then extruding two edges and connecting them to make the strap.  Once you have that, try a Bend deformer to make it curve.  You will probably need to do a little sculpting or the like to get a more organic shape, especially on the straps.  Finally, throw it in a Symmetry Object to get the other side.  You can make the Symmetry editable to make one side slightly different than the other for a more organic look.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention you should throw it all into a Cloth Surface and add thickness that way.

• Like 1

Cerbera    1,815

Yep - what he said :) Once you have a decent grasp of the modelling tool set this should be nice and easy. Essentially my 3 top tips would be:

1. Use symmetry from the start

2. Begin modelling this flat in the top view, either starting with a plane, or the polygon pen

3. Leave the central seam until last.

CBR

• Like 1

losaira    0
  • Topic Author
  • On 5/16/2018 at 9:30 PM, natevplas said:

First of all, split it in half since it's fairly symmetrical.  Now think of it as a flattened piece of cloth.  Try flattening out your product and take a photo of that shape.  Then use that as a template to model a flat version of it (I recommend starting with a subdivided plane, then extruding two edges and connecting them to make the strap.  Once you have that, try a Bend deformer to make it curve.  You will probably need to do a little sculpting or the like to get a more organic shape, especially on the straps.  Finally, throw it in a Symmetry Object to get the other side.  You can make the Symmetry editable to make one side slightly different than the other for a more organic look.

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention you should throw it all into a Cloth Surface and add thickness that way.

Got it. Thank you. :)