RenderStorm Farm

Sign in to follow this  
MarshyMarshy

Strange Rendering Issue

Hello!

So, long story short, I started a semi complicated scene of a camera moving backwards through a room.  I had a few successful batch renders of all 630 frames of my scene and have had to make changes after that.  Every render was taking between 3-4 days to complete with GI turned on.  This last go around has been another story though.  All of a sudden, I start the render and it can't render one frame over a weekend (67+ hours).  I have cleaned up the scene, checked settings countless times, and tweaked lights with absolutely no luck.  I'm hoping to get someone to check out my file and offer any feedback.  It's been about a month since this started happening and I am absolutely stumped since I've never run into this issue before.

Thanks in advance!

Cerbera    1,804

OK, your render settings are, forgive me, ridiculous :) No wonder it takes days with those settings !

Let's start in the Physical Render settings, where pretty much everything is wrong. Change that to Adaptive / automatic, then change the lowest 4 numbers to 2. Especially replace the 9 you currently have next to Ambient Occlusion. 

Next go to Aliasing tab of Render settings and change that from still image to Mitchell, which is suitable for animation.

Lastly GI samples are also unnecessarily high and the wrong type of GI - you'll probably get shading artefacts using that method. Much better to do QMC / Light Mapping which will avoid that problem.

CBR

MarshyMarshy    0
  • Topic Author
  • Haha, thanks Cerbera.  Surprisingly, before things went wrong, I could easily render a frame in 20 minutes.  I almost feel that the file is broken since I can render one frame with no issue, but a sequence with loads of issues.  I'll change the settings and let you know that it works.

Thanks for looking!