Sign in to follow this  
rushes

Modo modeling

7 hours ago, slowgojoe said:

Can you explain what Axis Extension / Snap is??

Yes, it's this, as explained by our eminent founder @3DKiwi. Not quite in the same league as 2D constraints unfortunately, but useful nonetheless...

CBR

To get back to something that is good about C4D, I love that you can Ctrl+drag in edge slide mode to duplicate an edge loop. And it has preserve curvature as well. I use this all the time and I couldn't find it, if it exists, in the other programs I tried.

Re that, I find in R20 using this method of clone mode in the slide tool has some strange occurences, whereby sometimes upon activation it will use a really extreme offset, like in the 100's, and it's almost impossible to rein it back in manually, so I have to then undo, click the clone option, and manually key in a figure that's more to what I was after. Thus defeating the object of the quick-key method…

After a whole year I thank every day I have to model or uv that I don’t have to use C4D for that. I use it for the rest, but the workflow in C4D is so for away from productive. 

Pardon, just my thoughts. Maybe in R21 they realize the mess and remove selection tags from being such a pain the as. Or have something like copy paste polygons.