Sign in to follow this  

Hi!

I made this pic based on tutorial by GreyscaleGorilla

But I dont know how to avoid this black reflection parts on the bottom of glass.

My additional options are:

Physical Render

Options>Reflection Depth is set to =2

In the GLASS material > Reflectance > Layer Samplins> Exit color is set to "Orange" (not "black")

Thanks!

2018-05-21-12-17-OrangeJuice_3.jpg

2 sounds low for reflection depth, try cranking that up to 20. tho you often get weird reflections in glass so you may get left with something.

deck

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, deck said:

2 sounds low for reflection depth, try cranking that up to 20.

I've set it to 20 and It has become much worse

OrangeJuice_3-2.jpg

In that case its more than like ly to be something in your environment that the glass is seeing. You could try placing it inside a big white sphere and see how the reflections look then, if they disappear then its probably something in your current environment ( set ). There also a chance of problems with your model.

If you post a scene file, either myself or another member will surely find the problem, maybe post a grab of your other render settings.

Deck

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 38 minutes ago, deck said:

If you post a scene file, either myself or another member will surely find the problem, maybe post a grab of your other render settings.

Here is:

Link to the Scene

Seems to be just the nature of the light bouncing about in the bottom of your glass, the reason its black is cos its seeing black in your studio / set. As soon as you put it in a new environment you still have the shapes but not the color.

Its a combo of glass shape / refractive index / environment and camera position. 

It would be the same in the real world, hence you see photographers surrounding their subjects with reflectors and the like to remove these shapes.

You will have to change one or all of the above until your happy with it. A few grabs below to illustrate the point.

Deck

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 13.24.42.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 13.23.14.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 13.21.06.png

• Like 1

Heres a grab of some of the glasses form the content browser, they all have there various shapes of refraction 

D

5b040f42ddc10_ScreenShot2018-05-22at13_36_45.thumb.png.ed3c98800e37e2338b87b660e54feeef.png

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Thanks!
    I've set to PhysSky and the Glass became like in your example!

Very Helpfull!

Nice!

No Worries, sky will work or a HDRI with not much black in it. Most of yours was coming from the top where your set is empty, will look different also once your liquid is in there.

Good luck with it

D

your ambient occlusion takes a lot of time for not much result, tends not to do much with transparent stuff, faster render without that.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 18 hours ago, deck said:

No Worries, sky will work or a HDRI with not much black in it. Most of yours was coming from the top where your set is empty, will look different also once your liquid is in there.

Good luck with it

D

your ambient occlusion takes a lot of time for not much result, tends not to do much with transparent stuff, faster render without that.

Thanks a lot!