Sign in to follow this  
Eyewired

Honda NR750 WIP

Eyewired    7

My Samurai needs a sweeter ride than just a skateboard. Working on this Honda NR750...classic early 90's Superbike...pretty happy with this one so far. Curved body work was a good challenge but not too crazy. I had to subdivide a little more than I wanted to get the headlights in there but not nearly as much as I've had to with previous models. Still have a decent amount of details to put into this one...but that's the fun part!

superbike.jpg

• Like 2

Cerbera    1,922

That looks very nice indeed, but I can't bask in the glory of that wireframe until I can see it a bit bigger :)

CBR

Eyewired    7
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

That looks very nice indeed, but I can't bask in the glory of that wireframe until I can see it a bit bigger :)

CBR

Hah! Here it is! Top is without SDS, middle is with SDS...very bottom is the tank before I divided geometry at all...I was super happy with the way that turned out, I managed to get the cut out for the gas cap and that indented curve in the tank while still keeping polygons relatively low.

Only reason I had to subdivide the rest of it was because I couldn't get those headlights in there without more geometry. 

I've definitely learned when it comes to smooth vehicles, the less polygons the better to keep lines smooth looking.

nr2.jpg

nr2a.jpg

• Awesome 1

Cerbera    1,922

Thanks dude. Very enjoyable indeed. Superb cornering, in both senses ;)

CBR

Eyewired    7
  • Topic Author
  • Some more progress with the wheels, struts and brakes. I was pretty happy with how the rims turned out, they had a lot of irregular lines and curves that were tough to add in. 

hnr-01.jpg

hnr-02.jpg

hnr-tire.jpg