Flohmow    0

Hey guys,

I have a question and hope maybe some of you can help me. 
I try to achive a similar effect as you can see here on the poster: this weird refrection of a display in the waterdrops. 

Does somebody of you know how to do that?
Would be super happy for a hint.

Many thanks!
All the best,
Florian 

2d6a4d9be2fbc47d14bdb6e98483e4f6.jpg

I think if you model the drops and add them to a plane in between your image and the camera you could add a simple refraction index to the material (maybe with a spectral shader in too) and get this effect. But modelling the actual drops in a nice random pattern would be a pain, someone else might have a good idea on how to do that.

Glenster    21
4 hours ago, Flohmow said:

Hey guys,

I have a question and hope maybe some of you can help me. 
I try to achive a similar effect as you can see here on the poster: this weird refrection of a display in the waterdrops. 

Does somebody of you know how to do that?
Would be super happy for a hint.

Many thanks!
All the best,
Florian 

2d6a4d9be2fbc47d14bdb6e98483e4f6.jpg

the reflection in the water drops is the environment. play around with differnt hdris or planes with liminance materials.

as for the modeling of the drops simple  use a mograph cloner to clone a sphere over geometry and by useing a mettaball object you can get a nice orgainc fusing of the drops

cheers

natevplas    41
21 minutes ago, Glenster said:

the reflection in the water drops is the environment. play around with differnt hdris or planes with liminance materials.

as for the modeling of the drops simple  use a mograph cloner to clone a sphere over geometry and by useing a mettaball object you can get a nice orgainc fusing of the drops

cheers

I think he's talking about the refraction, not the reflection.  It looks like the drops are magnifying the RGB pixels of an LCD screen.  You could achieve this by creating a pixelized RGB version of your poster texture.  There is a handy, name-your-own-price plugin to do this in After Effects: https://aescripts.com/lcdeffect/

Save this as a pretty high resolution image.  Then what I would do is just render this out twice- once with the pixelized texture, and once with the regular texture for your poster.  Make sure you render out an Object Buffer (matte) for your drops.  In Photoshop, you can then composite the drops with refracted pixels onto the regular poster.

• Like 1

MJohnny    47

I found a higher resolution image and if you really zoom in, it shows where the rainbow colors come from. I was thinking of them as a post effect.

So think of many small details in your label if you want to replicate the same effect.

high res.jpg

zoom.jpg