Zinza    0

Hi everyone,

I am running the version R19.024 Studio of C4D and that's the problem I came across:

I have imported a simple mesh (.dae) and I have applied the Explosion FX. After I export the model to dae or obj format, I have tried to load the model in several different applications (mEshlab, Keyshot, etc) but I am not able to see anything. The file seems to be blank.

I deeply appreciate help!

Cerbera    1,912

First thing to do is update to latest version of R19 which fixes several major bugs...

You probably need to apply the Xplosion FX to your geo via Current State to Object, so that you remove any C4D-specific functionality from the mesh before you export it...

CBR

Zinza    0
  • Topic Author
  • 32 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

First thing to do is update to latest version of R19 which fixes several major bugs...

You probably need to apply the Xplosion FX to your geo via Current State to Object, so that you remove any C4D-specific functionality from the mesh before you export it...

CBR

Hi Cerbera,

thank you for your quick reply. I have already tried the Current State to Object but it doesn't work.

The weird thing is that the xplosion FX worked perfectly up until one hour ago, so it's likely I have changed something.

I have attached a screenshot to this post.

c4d.PNG

Zinza    0
  • Topic Author
  • I guess I solved the issue.

In a nutshell, I have used the Subdivide tool on that mesh many times, in order to have a better "explosion" effect. I noticed that the camera of other applications tends to increase the distance from the model (the model size is still the same).

Cerbera    1,912

Ah OK - we could never have guessed that without the scene file ! ;) But glad you got it sorted, and thanks for posting the answer !

CBR

Zinza    0
  • Topic Author
  • 6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ah OK - we could never have guessed that without the scene file ! ;) But glad you got it sorted, and thanks for posting the answer !

CBR

Thank you for your help!

BTW: Any hints on how to properly set the coordinates even if your model is a little..scattered? :-)

Cerbera    1,912
    17 minutes ago, Zinza said:

BTW: Any hints on how to properly set the coordinates even if your model is a little..scattered? :-)

I don't what that means - either by 'coordinates', and properly set in relation to what ?! :)

If you mean 'align the axis to the center of the model' there is the center axis tool - not sure what else you could mean...

CBR

Zinza    0
  • Topic Author
  • Hi Cerbera,

As far as I know, any model has its own x-y-z coordinates inside a 3D world, so the model visualization works fine as long as its coordinates are not too far from each other :-)