Sign in to follow this  
madmellow

Missing "Cel Renderer" in german version

madmellow    0

Hi folks,

i stuck at a problem i have for a while. Everytime i want to use the cel renderer inside render options i am missing this option in the latest german version of C4D R18. I always have to switch to english and than back to german language. Is it me, am i dumb? I don't find the option "cel render" in german render options and i think it's missing as i count 23 choices in german version and 24 in english version.

And: if i choose Cel Renderer in english version, save the file and open it back again inside german version, it still says "Cel Renderer" in render options and works fine as in the english version. But this couldn't be as it is missing in the german list.

c4d_bug.jpg

deck    65

Hiya

I don't have the German installed so Im afraid i can't compare that. Your profile says 18.048 and I believe the most recent build is 18.057. Weather that would cure the issue, again i couldn't say. Maybe one of the German members will be able to help out.

Deck

madmellow    0
  • Topic Author
  • Oh sorry, i missed to update this information. Of course i have 18.057. I will change that now. But this isn't the solution. Problem still exists. If any german member could help me would be super cool because i always ran into this problem.

Arturo    0

Hi madmellow,

try to switch from physical to standard renderer; maybe that helps. Tried it in the english version, but it also should work in the german version

Viele Grüße

Arturo

madmellow    0
  • Topic Author
  • Hi Arturo, that didn't helped. With physical i have 18 choises inside "Effect...", with standard 23. With the english version i also have 18 choises inside "Effect..." possible with physical render. But with standard i get 24. In german version there is 1 missing and i think it must be the Cel Renderer. Mystic...

Arturo    0

Hi madmellow,

I just switched to german language to check it and now I have a "cartoon renderer" in standard render settings. Maybe that's the one?

Otherwise I think, you should contact MAXON about that.

Viele Grüße

Arturo

madmellow    0
  • Topic Author
  • Okay thx Arturo, i have to look at my computer when i am at home again. Cartoon-renderer is missing at my german version as you see in my picture. Perhaps there are options i have missed. But why do they should name it Cartoon and not Cel when both words aren't even german? lol...

Arturo    0

Well, "ambient occlusion" and "Scetch and Toon" also doesn`'t seem very german to me. :-)

Sometimes it helps to delete (or better rename  !) the cinem4d.prf file in the preferences/prefs folder; this sets back all changes since installing.

Maybe you can try that.

Do you have any plugins installed?

Viele Grüße

Arturo