Hey, you need a renderfarm? If that's the case, make sure you check this topic for more info! 

arvinmat    0

Hey everyone, 

Any ideas on how this texture was achieved?

I've tried using the gradient tool, but it's not feasible to add that many gradient points. 

I've also tried adding loading in an image as a texture, but it doesn't seem to achieve the desired effect. 

If this is a super simple effect, I apologize, I'm new to C4D and still learning! 

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

small.jpg

natevplas    57

Looks like it could be a very complex gradient, or a noise(s) inside a Colorizer.  Check out this file where I set it up both ways.  For editing complex gradients, it helps if you make your Material Editor the width of your whole screen.

Gradient Stripe Material.c4d

StCanas    60

Use Spectral in your Colour channel. You'll find Spectral in the 'drop down' under Effects.

natevplas    57
16 hours ago, StCanas said:

Use Spectral in your Colour channel. You'll find Spectral in the 'drop down' under Effects.

I haven't used Spectral before- interesting effect!  The only issue I see with this is it would change based on the camera position, unless you baked it out.  A regular gradient seems easier to edit on the fly.

Cerbera    1,976

That is a very attractive gradient :)

Totally can be done in Cinema with the gradient tool - as mentioned - enlarge the area, and use the right click functionality to change knot interpolation and to distribute and double knots to get loads quickly.

A lazier alternative would be to pop into PS and make a hi res gradient texture in there using the noise function of its gradient tool - that'll do a very similar thing in one hit, but might not be as controllable.

CBR

natevplas    57
43 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

...use the right click functionality to change knot interpolation and to distribute and double knots to get loads quickly.

Did not know about distribute and double knots!  Thanks for that tip, @Cerbera!