Cinema 4D Plugins

Sign in to follow this  
cakebiter

Displacer Not Working in Emulation Mode

cakebiter    1

I have two materials on a plane.  One is a texture with nothing but sub-polygon displacement, the other is a texture for color.  The displacement texture is applied to the plane first.  The color texture is added with "Mix Texture" checked.  I then put a Displacement Deformer under the plane in Emulation mode.

On my home computer it works as expected.  The plane is deformed in the viewport and colored with the color texture.  But on my work computer, the displacement texture is completely ignored.  What's going on here?  Is there a setting I don't know about?

I should note that this problem doesn't affect the render.  It is purely a viewport issue.

LoneTreeHill_v02_QUESTION.c4d

bezo    512

Your scene contain also link to *.png file. If you didn´t tranfer c4d file together with this png image, c4d "don´t see" this file.

Texture files are not "embedded" into c4d file, need to copy them manually.

If you transfer also this png image, maybe needed relink this image. (Don´t know if was used relative or absolute paths in original file)

Best way to transfer complet scene files is saving as projects. This way is scene saved completely with all textures (TEX folder next scene file) and could be transferred as single folder/zipped file/stored on cloud etc...

Fritz    17

As soon as you render it, the displacer in emulation mode is turned off and what you see is just the material displacement.

Are you maybe on 2 different versions? Material layering for the emulation mode was broken and I fixed it for R19 SP2.

cakebiter    1
  • Topic Author
  • Whoops, I forgot to include the .png file.  It's too big to upload, but I think I found the answer:

1 hour ago, Fritz said:

Material layering for the emulation mode was broken and I fixed it for R19 SP2.

This could explain my problem.  Maybe the Displacement Deformer doesn't see there are two textures on my plane due to a bug.  

I'm in version R19.053.  I checked for updates but there don't seem to be any.  Is this just a bug I have to work around?

Fritz    17

That is R19 SP2. Do you use the same version on your work computer?

Can you post a simplified scene? I could then have a look on Monday if I can reproduce it.