Sign in to follow this  
deck

Selection Questions

deck    65

Hi Cafe

two simple selection questions today. The first concerning the outline selection tool, i have all these separate selections in the grab below that i wish to outline, but using the outline tool only does one of them and I have to shift click them all. Any tricks to do all at once ?

Second question concerns selection tags, is it possible to restore a tag and then restore another and add to the one you have, I thought a simple shift or command click on the tag would do it, but no.

Both of these would seem to be logical things to have available so Im hopefully for an answer.

Any tips gratefully received.

Deck

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 16.34.30.png

deck    65
  • Topic Author
  • accidentally found the answer to first question which seems to be to click outside of the selection, which i guess selects the inverse. So all good there but no joy on the tag question.

Deck

bezo    507

If you have multiple selection tags and want to add select few of them, simply select first one with doubleclick in Object manager, then click on next selection and with holding Shift press "Select Polygons" option in Attribute Manager for this selected selection tag. This is way to add one by one...

Or multiple selection at once...

In Object manager with Shift select all needed selection tags and in Attribute manager press "Select Polygons"...

• Like 1

deck    65
  • Topic Author
  • Bezo thanks so much. Ive been trying to find that out for ages, it never occurred to me to shift click on the "select poly" button, only to shift click on the tag itself !

Thats gonna make things sooo much easier.

Thanks again

Deck