jed

£9,500 for a graphics card ?

jed    311

I got an email from one of my suppliers featuring this card at nearly 10 grand. I checked on Amazon - they sell them, and it's not an error. Maybe it's good for mining.

card.png.c6b9eb085fe137942e76821d8e7072b4.png

I use a GTX 750 Ti ...

Cerbera    1,966

:) Yep that's one of 3 'ridiculous money' cards they do. There is a limit of 5 per customer as well !

I also use a GTX 750 Ti, but feel I shouldn't admit that in the presence of these monsters...

On the plus side, looks like quite a good thing to model, which is about as close as I'll ever get to one !

CBR

EAlexander    33

I'm guessing with that much VRAM, this card is gear towards heavy calculations and sciency stuff, but who knows what they are thinking :)

Fastbee    78

The Volta is Nvidias newest card and has the tensor cores which can do stuff like below in real time using real time ray tracing.

imashination    19

This card has nothing to do with bitcoin mining, its grossly poor value for money. Its just a super fast gpu for whoever needs the fastest card available. In a nutshell, you'd have to either be mad, or have super specific requirements to buy this card.

Sketch    0

Nvidia had a webinar showcasing two GV100 cards running V-Ray Next for Max doing an archviz scene. It seemed kinda fast (ish). As an attendee to the webinar I could buy the GV100 at a discount (40% off I think), but for now I will stick with my Titan X (x3) machine running Redshift.