briankoko

Interview with MAXON CEO Paul Babb

Interesting.  I met Paul Babb during their "Power Integration Tour" in Boston.  I walked in a little early and there were not a lot of people there yet.  I saw him at the presentation table they had set up at the front of the room so I said hello as I took a seat.  He just responded "Hi. I'm Paul".  That's it.  No last name.  No title.  I had no idea who he was at the time and for all I know he could have been the guy who cleaned the carpets after the presentation.

It was only during the presentation that I found out who he was and I was oddly struct by his "down to earth" attitude --- which appears to carry through even today judging by the interview.

Couple of neat things from his Linked In page via the link also posted above:

• Double digit growth all but two years from 2000-2017.
  • Took company from virtually unknown to a rank of 3rd in two years among competitive programs and 1st among Adobe users.
  • Instrumental in implementing a bundle deal with Adobe After Effects cementing Cinema 4D as the preferred 3D package among Adobe users.
  • Today, Cinema 4D is heralded as one of the fastest growing and most widely used 3D products for digital content creation and the 3D motion graphics software tool of choice for industry-leading production facilities

Now you can put anything on your LinkedIn page, but I would have to believe the first 3 bullets.  I find the first part of the fourth bullet surprising, especially that C4D is one of the fastest growing DCC tool out there.  Now, are DCC programs still enjoying the growth they have had in the past?  Not sure, especially as the market narrows.  Nevertheless, it all paints and encouraging picture for the future. 

Dave

• Like 1

Yeah excellent interview and I would like to think that the Cafe has played some small part in helping MAXON get to where it is today. When we started our free video tutorials online in 2004 there was virtually no one else doing free online video tutorials. (YouTube didn't start until 2005).

Nigel / 3DKiwi

• Like 7

14 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

Yeah excellent interview and I would like to think that the Cafe has played some small part in helping MAXON get to where it is today

That is certainly true and it plays even greater role today ;)

• Like 1