Igor

MAXON brings new CEO on board! New Future!!

A change in management takes place at MAXON Computer GmbH.

Friedrichsdorf, July 4, 2018 – A change in management takes place at MAXON Computer GmbH, a 100% owned Nemetschek Group company. The three original founders and serving Managing Directors of the company, Uwe Bärtels, Harald Egel and Harald Schneider, will step back and retire after 32 years serving the company, but stay available in an advisory capacity. 

Industry expert David McGavran will be appointed as the new CEO of MAXON. The internationally experienced executive comes with extensive expertise and a large network in the Media & Entertainment industry, having worked the last 20 years in different roles at Adobe. He last served at Adobe Systems as Director of Engineering – Professional Audio and Video. David has extensive experience working with broadcasters, post production houses and film editors around the world. Under its new leadership, MAXON will strengthen its position in current and new markets.

“I am very much looking forward to applying my years of experience in the Media & Entertainment industry at Adobe Systems to MAXON and initiate and implement steps towards further growth,” said David McGavran.

Harald Egel, CEO and Managing Director said “32 years ago, the three of us founded MAXON and we managed to establish it as one of the world's most successful companies in the 3D market with constant growth and success over the years. Now the time has come to hand over the reins to another, newer generation and we are happy to have found a worthy successor in David McGavran who will continue MAXON's success story in the coming years. At the same time, we would like to express our thanks to all those who have given us outstanding support over the years and have placed their trust in us.”

https://www.maxon.net/en/news/maxon-news/article/maxon-brings-new-ceo-on-board/

• Topic Author
  • 42 minutes ago, SKaiser said:

Is this good or bad for C4D...?

Time will tell, for now we are all confident that this is a great thing. New young forces for the new future...but lets wait and see. :)

5 hours ago, SKaiser said:

Is this good or bad for C4D...?

I would say it's a good thing. Hopefully we'll see a more open MAXON rather than a company that keeps their cards close to their chest.

• Like 2

this is simply a good thing :)

After so many years, which is practically a persons lifetime, current people in charge simply understood that there is time for them to step down. New CEO is very capable individual with long experience in industry. As far as the Adobe software comment goes, I am simply not qualified enough to judge it so I will refrain from commenting. One thing that is sure is that MAXON is smaller company which can certainly move faster than Adobe in it's realm.

Btw to all folks that dropped me pm: Adobe did NOT buy MAXON. New ceo left Adobe.

Also, Nemetschek was always largest stakeholdwer in MAXON

Good times ahead, brace yourself for R20 ;)

• Like 2

I am optimistic, and hope this brings good things, faster, and more openly, while keeping the perpetual model, thats my only concern.

Dan

Hopefully we'll see a more open MAXON rather than a company that keeps their cards close to their chest.

Well, here's David McGavran penning a blog about his work trip to Brazil.

https://www.provideocoalition.com/once-in-a-lifetime-experience-in-brazil/

And - very nice - here's McGavran jumping in to an official Adobe thread just three weeks ago, discussing tech issues (Premiere Pro on the iMac) with a user.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2504511

Can you grab a crash report and post it here?  You will find it in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ should say Adobe Premiere Pro CC..crash.. if you want the highest performance, currently OpenCL is a bit faster.  You got me a couple crash reports and we identified those problems and fixes are under way.  For your other issues you simply said you had problems.  I am happy to help but we need information. 

Cheers

Dave

If there is an issue in here that hasn't been resolved or tracked, feel free to update below this post and I will make sure it is tracked...

...We want to make sure you have a great experience with our software.  The problems you are having are real.  But we need to get more information from you to see what is going on.  If you want help we are here.  

Cheers

Dave

I also think that this announcement pretty much confirms R20 is the big one i.e. the new core that we've been waiting for, for a very long time. The 3 bosses will then be leaving on a high and at the end of an era and the start of another with the new Cinema 4D.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 3DKiwi said:

I also think that this announcement pretty much confirms R20 is the big one i.e. the new core that we've been waiting for, for a very long time. The 3 bosses will then be leaving on a high and at the end of an era and the start of another with the new Cinema 4D.

Looking forward to your full review!!

I'm an optimistic person, so I'm looking forward to R20 and what comes next. My only concern is the Adobe business model, which I don't like. I still have a perpetual license on my CS6 suite and I like that. When MAXON change to an only subscription model, I'm out.

I also expect further advancement in the motion graphics area, as this is a topic, where Adobe is strong and where they already cooperated with MAXON. This is not my target though and I hope the new kernel brings also improvements in areas we waited so long, e.g UV editing. Clothilde and dynamic hair could also be improved. The improvement of administration of content is also something that should be addressed. LIBS are not the final solution for 3rd party content.

I assume that we will see soon, what R20 brings and the new CEO will probably make a statement this year about the future of Cinema 4D. Very curious!

• Like 3