Igor

MAXON brings new CEO on board! New Future!!

On 7/4/2018 at 9:48 PM, HSrdelic said:

Adobe did NOT buy MAXON

why is the voice in the back of my head asking: 'how can we be so utterly sure that this is never gonna happen ?'

If so, the only "bad" aspect would be the Adobe-Style drip feed connected to our bank accounts 

and a dramatically slowdown of the graphical user interface and tons of Adobe Bridge integrations

and a direct uplink to a crappy gallery sharing "look I made a rounded cube today"

or worst Adobe Photoshop 3D integration of some BodyPaint 3D features and the rest of C4D, well, why need it in Photoshop.. let's kill it

From his post: "As I move forward in this role my plan is to continue prioritizing the needs of our customers to inform the strategy and direction for our products."

This sounds like big change. Buckle up for this one.

Or: "I hope you will help me to understand all of the great things you do, so the MAXON team can continue to partner with you to create products that make your lives easier and even more creative."

Well, that's typical gray suit CEO talk already. In other words: I have no idea what Cinema 4D can do and frankly I had no interest in it until I got a letter to be CEO at MAXON. Hurray, let's rock this boat. I stick around the forum and listen to you there because I didn't do my homework. 

BAD CHOICE 

cheers

That's a bit harsh. Probably the fact that he's unknown to us makes some people suspicious. I'm guessing this will change reasonably soon.

Also, re the typical grey suited CEO stuff, McGavran seems to very much be a software guy and very proactive with digging in to customer responses, chatting, letting folks know what's up etc. The radio silence from MAXON about different things was never popular. Over at the RedUser forum (the official forum for the HD Red camera) McGavran has more than 700 posts and by the look of it was posting there pretty much every week or so. This sort of stuff - 

So it seems like there is a minor bump around the contextual menu for Source Settings going missing in the timeline. But do you generally like the new Master Clip Effect? Other feedback?

Hi Dimitri, Let me validate something because I don't think there is a bug here unless I missed something in this thread...  In 2015 if you import Red files we automatically recognize that and apply the master clip effect to work with.  If you open a 2014 project we can't (and decided not to try) to bring forward the source settings into the new master clip effect. So for those projects you need to use the source settings. We removed the keyboard shortcut and the context menu in the timeline not realizing that this would cause problems.  So our proposal is to add back the keyboard shortcut.  Is there another issue I missed in this chain? Does this sound correct?  Thanks,   Dave

Yep that is what I am trying to get to. We always are fixing and enhancing XML and we also have a robust AAF workflow. Most customers are happy with that. Speed change is an interesting problem that I wasn't sure anybody attempted to solve (happy to be wrong). Generally the speed algorithms have been different in each app. Markers and eyeing seems to be the major workflows that I see. We have a ton of customers going to Resolve and other grading apps. CheersDave

Hi All, Lost in all the great talk about Color improvements is a great new feature for Red editors. This is something we have wanted to do for a long time and finally got around to it. There is now longer a modal dialog to edit Red settings. It is now a master clip effect that shows up in the effect control palette. This brings lots of benefits. You can use it now with the new realtime scopes and copy/paste settings easily between clips. Below is a new screen shot. Also in the other thread people asked about stability and minor improvements. We ALWAYS fix high priority issues that our customers tell us about. Also there are a ton of other features in this release that focus on making editing easier. Full notes should come out soon. CheersDave

Hi Brandon, That thread didn't crash in reality. It only crashed trying to save your project when another thread crashed. Can you post the whole log? ThanksDave

I might be biased but I would go Premiere Pro ;)In all seriousness though, we just released 2014.2. It is probably the fastest and most stable version of Premiere we have ever released. Gone Girl was terabytes about terabytes of data and massively large projects. If you read the Gone Girl thread from Phil you will get a good idea of how hard we worked to nail that massive worflow. We have tons of long form projects going all and broadcasters all over the world are using or switching to Premiere.  So my advice is give it a try and if it doesn't feel right come here or the adobe forums and ask questions. Bet you will get the answers you want.  At any rate all the tools work, I just happen to think we work best. But again I am biased. CheersDave

Hi Guys, Most of the people who would answer this are busy at NAB. Many will be back next week. I will be going radio silent personally for about 8 weeks. (rest and relaxation) But I will ask someone to come in here and respond. CheersDave

Hi Guys, Can't say to much as it was just a technology preview... But you know I will be at NAB if you want and try and find me and say hi. CheersDave

Hi Tom, We haven't heard this before. However, we also don't have this monitor yet. Let me see if our test lab has one.CheersDave

Thanks Jarred! We are super proud of this release and the work we did with Red. First stop and enjoy this one, then sit back and think about what we probably have up our sleeves next! Red is a great partner to do cool stuff with ;) Remember this adds Dragon to all the Adobe Video apps :) Cheers Dave

Yep I see it but I would need to get the Prelude guys on here to answer. Forwarding the message to them.  Cheers  Dave

If he can even occasionally give the sort of feedback above about C4D things - and I know as CEO he'll be in a different role, but word from the top will always be welcome - I doubt anyone will be complaining. He seems to be a smart guy and I get the feeling he's not going to be lazy. If he pops onto the Cafe or other forums sometimes with word on what is happening it will be nice to see.

2 hours ago, BoganTW said:

That's a bit harsh. Probably the fact that he's unknown to us makes some people suspicious. I'm guessing this will change reasonably soon.

Also, re the typical grey suited CEO stuff, McGavran seems to very much be a software guy ..

I had the pleasure of attending a MAXON core developer meeting that Dave joined, he and the devs were talking shop that my ears bled ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope that after the arrival of R20, the rest of us will not hurt the head :compFist:

:DDD