sanderjoon

After Effects style keyframes / timing

sanderjoon    0

Hey,

Sorry, I know it's been discussed too many times. Thought having it in Newbie section won't hurt a fly.

My question is about whether it is possible to time keyframes and paths in C4D as it's done in AE? So that timing & easing wouldn't affect the path of animation. I know it's been discussed many times before, still I've been unable to find any suitable solution other than just getting used to the 3-axis system, "follow spline" tag and Time track. None of them do it for me, especially when I'd like to animate a more complex, rigged character for example. This keeps me thinking why isn't there a plugin for animators coming from After Effects. C4D timeline window even has a velocity view, which sort of helps me, but still leaves me with the question.

I'd like to leave here a couple of examples which I find difficult to solve with Cinema 4D keyframes:

1 is more complex path where I'd like it to begin with ease in and end with ease out

2 is a simple arc with strong ease in out which I find difficult to do with axis keyframes

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on it and if you have any other solutions.

AfterEffectsStyleKeyframing.c4d